Wow, the NBA does suck!

PASabreFan

Kind of off topic, but not really.

I was forced to watch most of the NBA game tonight. The good part was seeing the fans in Dallas have their hearts ripped out in a tight Game 6. Bwwwhahahahaha.

But the rest was bad. Scary bad. The pregame introductions were straight out of a rap video. Every bare arm and shoulder I saw was covered in tattoos. Not much of a badge of courage compared to the scars and bruises our boys wore, although there was one dude for Miami with a bandaid on his bald head. I saw a few neatly trimmed goatees, but not a single scraggly beard.

I also saw precious little defense. Just back and forth and the ball in the basket almost every time down. Exciting. There's almost no character to that game, at least the way it's played on the professional level, IMHO.

Hey, there's the owner of the Mavs running onto the court during a timeout! Nice. Hard to imagine Tom Golisano jumping over the boards during a game, isn't it?

And the fans. Wow, they sucked. No passion whatsoever. You think the Canes fans were bad? A few glimpses into those pricey first few rows showed nothing but a bunch of spoiled rich people.

The championship trophy presentation? I didn't wait around long enough to see it. What's it called anyway?

I rest my case.

(About the only thing the NHL should consider adopting from the NBA is the 2-3-2 finals format. It would put to rest forever the debate about who really has home ice advantage in a best of seven series.)

I went to the Phoenix Suns game 7 vs the Clippers in the quarterfinals and I can tell you while it wasnt a sabres game it wass still an electric atmosphere. I sat and center court in the 7th row and everyone around me was on their feet a majority of the time . It was a great atmosphere and while it may have not been the same in Dallas I dont know, I dont think you can really judge it on tv.

Kind of off topic, but not really.

I was forced to watch most of the NBA game tonight. The good part was seeing the fans in Dallas have their hearts ripped out in a tight Game 6. Bwwwhahahahaha.

But the rest was bad. Scary bad. The pregame introductions were straight out of a rap video. Every bare arm and shoulder I saw was covered in tattoos. Not much of a badge of courage compared to the scars and bruises our boys wore, although there was one dude for Miami with a bandaid on his bald head. I saw a few neatly trimmed goatees, but not a single scraggly beard.

I also saw precious little defense. Just back and forth and the ball in the basket almost every time down. Exciting. There's almost no character to that game, at least the way it's played on the professional level, IMHO.

Hey, there's the owner of the Mavs running onto the court during a timeout! Nice. Hard to imagine Tom Golisano jumping over the boards during a game, isn't it?

And the fans. Wow, they sucked. No passion whatsoever. You think the Canes fans were bad? A few glimpses into those pricey first few rows showed nothing but a bunch of spoiled rich people.

The championship trophy presentation? I didn't wait around long enough to see it. What's it called anyway?

I rest my case.

(About the only thing the NHL should consider adopting from the NBA is the 2-3-2 finals format. It would put to rest forever the debate about who really has home ice advantage in a best of seven series.)

...with the advent of satellite or cable tee-vee I have never been "forced" to watch the NBA. Somewhere, amongst all those channels there is O'Reilly, Food Network with Everyday Italian (GiADA) , Dirty Jobs, news, PBS, Weather Channel, 80's music videos, Road House with Patrick Swayze is usually playing somewhere, a Clint Eastwood western, etc....you see my point! And if all else fails, then I "sacrifice" the remote for a night to my wife!

After being riveted to nearly every telecasted NCAA Tournament game and admiring the passion and heart most of those kids play with, and then after doing the same with the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I couldn't bring myself to sit through one entire NBA game all season.

If I'm adhering to the cliche about "saying something nice or not saying anything at all", then I'll have to go mute. It pains me to see the NBA game exalted as a "major" sport getting unlimited run on ESPN and sports talk radio, while the NHL highlights are squeezed somewhere in between a recap of the Royals-Mariners game and headlines about another Santonio Holmes arrest.

The way the NBA and its players have balls out embraced hip hop thuggery, selfish offense, and absolutely no defense make it a product I, nor anyone I know well, am no longer interested in. And, no, NBA it is not because the league lacks a Magic or a Michael or some other big "star", it is the quality of the play and the character of the players that is keeping me away.

Fushetti, yes, it was a hostage situation. I was tied up, so there was nothing I could do about it. Anyone else remember the old Vincent Price movie where he is forced to eat his poodle? That's what I felt like.

mjsbu... O'Reilly? Oh jeez. What a creep. Mr. "If you dissent, you're sleeping with the enemy." That guy is dangerous. Traitors, sir? If you want to start hanging people from lamp posts, old Bill would be the first one I'd string up. I love his panels. And now, for another view on the war in Iraq, we have two hawk colonels, both of whom are going to agree with everything I say.

Sorry for the rant.

I get asked to the Charlotte Bobcats all the time.

My running totals for games attended this year -

Charlotte Bobcats - 0

Charlotte Checkers (ECHL) - 4 and I paid for the tickets

The NBA does suck PACanesfan, you are correct. No one here cares we have an NBA nor wishes to support them.

It's hilarious to see Mavs owner Mark Cuban crying about a league conspiracy against his team, and all the fans buying into it. I guess that lets the egomaniac owner off the hook for coming up short.

I hope that some Sabre fans -- you know who you are (cough cough) -- can see how ridiculous this looks when another team and its fans do it.

There are no league conspiracies! Probably.

It's hilarious to see Mavs owner Mark Cuban crying about a league conspiracy against his team, and all the fans buying into it. I guess that lets the egomaniac owner off the hook for coming up short.

I hope that some Sabre fans -- you know who you are (cough cough) -- can see how ridiculous this looks when another team and its fans do it.

There are no league conspiracies! Probably.

I like the fact that Cuban sits in the stands with the fans seeming to be the kind of owner fans would love. I HATE his antics with the referees and the numerous fines he has accumulated over the years.

PS I'm not a big fan of the NBA and will only watch during the playoffs(and then it is only here and there) unless the Pistons are involved and the winning score is in the 70's. In that case, I refuse to watch even a second of it. That being said, Wade is unbelievable.

Fushetti, yes, it was a hostage situation. I was tied up, so there was nothing I could do about it. Anyone else remember the old Vincent Price movie where he is forced to eat his poodle? That's what I felt like.

mjsbu... O'Reilly? Oh jeez. What a creep. Mr. "If you dissent, you're sleeping with the enemy." That guy is dangerous. Traitors, sir? If you want to start hanging people from lamp posts, old Bill would be the first one I'd string up. I love his panels. And now, for another view on the war in Iraq, we have two hawk colonels, both of whom are going to agree with everything I say.

Sorry for the rant.

I'll second that. I'd watch a regular season NBA game (twice) before watching that a#$^$#!e.

The way the NBA and its players have balls out embraced hip hop thuggery, selfish offense, and absolutely no defense make it a product I, nor anyone I know well, am no longer interested in. And, no, NBA it is not because the league lacks a Magic or a Michael or some other big "star", it is the quality of the play and the character of the players that is keeping me away.

BINGO! I hate the HIP HOP thug rap that nearly every playa has to emulate. Its all about ME ME ME and $$$$ with all 'dat bling BS. Basketball is the worst sport on the planet and so is the NBA.

Sorry for the rant.

sorry, i forgot to lable my post sarcasm. Next time I will be sure I use Hannity and Colmes as my example.

Sean Hannity! That fascist pig! Colmes? That Uncle Tom liberal!

I am disappointed in you, mrjsbu. Very disappointed.

how come you chose to notice that, and not the best, unknown secret on the iternet -Giada from Food Network.

Wait, I'm done replying to your posts....after this one.. <_<

sbu, oh, I've noticed Giada. I even made her Olive Oil Cake. It sounds absolutely disgusting, but it's great. Very refreshing -- you can't even taste the olive oil. And olive oil is good for you, so it's pretty much guilt free.

Archived