Injury Updates & Rumors

PTS

There person that I know that knows people ... they know something again! :P

Teppo: Expect Teppo back in the lineup tomorrow. Apparently he was very close to coming back last night.

Tallinder: Henry took a nasty slash to an undisclosed part of his arm (probably wrist). The x-rays came out good as he apparently has a bad but managable bruise. He is probable for tomorrow. Strike One: X-Rays Today Reveal Otherwise. We have to presume he got slashed and I would love to see if there is video of it and what the NHL will do if it was indeed dirty.

Timmy: Doesn't look like he'll be ready tomorrow.

Mair: He's ready but probably won't play since there is no one to take out after Novotny's solid performance last night.

I don't know these to be absolute truths, so I say take them with a grain of salt, but hopefully these turn out true like my previous insider injury updates.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

{merged with this thread}

I'm going crazy not knowing if and when these players are going to return. Anybody have more accurate info?

Teppo...day to day could be ready for game 4

Connolly...skating by himself. I think he is done for the year.

Kalinin...Possible that he will return this series??

Mair...Good to go if needed.

Tallinder...say a prayer & light a candle.

Thanks!

GO SABRES!!!

The person I talked to has been dead on right with all the injuries to date during the playoffs. So, I hope that trend continues.

Kalinin was never even mentioned in our conversation because it's evident that he won't be back in this series at all.

And Labatt, as for Connolly, Brad Riter on WGR said it's a mental thing with him and when he's ready to return, he can play right away. The person I talked to said he won't be surprised if Connolly doesn't come back because he has been really shaken up but that was just his opinion. Hopefully the boys pressure him back if he truly is OK.

There person that I know that knows people ... they know something again! :P

Teppo: Expect Teppo back in the lineup tomorrow. Apparently he was very close to coming back last night.

Tallinder: Henry took a nasty slash to an undisclosed part of his arm (probably wrist). The x-rays came out good as he apparently has a bad but managable bruise. He is probable for tomorrow.

Timmy: Doesn't look like he'll be ready tomorrow.

Mair: He's ready but probably won't play since there is no one to take out after Novotny's solid performance last night.

I don't know these to be absolute truths, so I say take them with a grain of salt, but hopefully these turn out true like my previous insider injury updates.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Sweet sweet mercy me!!

I hope you are right.

Thanks for the info, the only thing if Tallinder just has a bruise why would he be wearing a cast?

I think Timmy is medically okay, but I don't blame him for being cautious about coming back, that's not something you want to mess with.

Hopefully the boys pressure him back if he truly is OK.

Couldn't disagree more. The last thing we need is a timid player out there taking ice time away from a guy who won't think twice about sticking his nose in there.

The playoffs need to be played with wreckless abondon. If he can't do that I say don't put him in. If he's too worried about re-injurying himself, one of two things will happen:

1- He'll kill us.

2-He'll get hurt again.

Thanks for the info, the only thing if Tallinder just has a bruise why would he be wearing a cast?

I think Timmy is medically okay, but I don't blame him for being cautious about coming back, that's not something you want to mess with.

It was a soft cast, so maybe it was a precaution until they could take some x-rays. Of course, that's an optimistic speculation. :P

The person I talked to has been dead on right with all the injuries to date during the playoffs. So, I hope that trend continues.

Kalinin was never even mentioned in our conversation because it's evident that he won't be back in this series at all.

And Labatt, as for Connolly, Brad Riter on WGR said it's a mental thing with him and when he's ready to return, he can play right away. The person I talked to said he won't be surprised if Connolly doesn't come back because he has been really shaken up but that was just his opinion. Hopefully the boys pressure him back if he truly is OK.

Is this the same person who said that Connolly is definitely done for the season (and also said Hasek would be in the pipes for Ottawa)? Diagnoses seem pretty accurate, but I question the time-frames...

soft cast to stabalize it until the x-rays.

Is this the same person who said that Connolly is definitely done for the season (and also said Hasek would be in the pipes for Ottawa)? Diagnoses seem pretty accurate, but I question the time-frames...

Regarding Hasek, I said right in that post that I didn't believe it but Ottawa wanted him to play. Hell ... reports in Ottawa came out after the series that they pretty much begged him to play in the series and Hasek flaked out like he always did.

As for Connolly, he still feels he's out for the year unless something drastically changes. There is no such thing as time frames when it comes to concussions. You could feel great one day and like crap the next.

Nitpick all you want, but he's been more dead on than what you'll get thru the media.

It's the playoffs ... we'll never get a straight answer about injuries until it ends.

Teams have a tendency to hide injuries under the guise of other injuries. I think the sling was trying to hide the wrist being hurt.

It's the playoffs ... we'll never get a straight answer about injuries until it ends.

Teams have a tendency to hide injuries under the guise of other injuries. I think the sling was trying to hide the wrist being hurt.

Why not have him in a wheel chair or a fake bullet hole wound to the head?

But where is Jerry Sullivan grilling Lindy about being up-front about injuries...? We're entitled to the truth dammit!

If Teppo and Tallinder play it will give a huge boost to an already amped-up arena.

If they do play, they should be announced over the PA as the starting D duo even if they don't go out for the opening faceoff. The roof will fly off the place.

Why not have him in a wheel chair or a fake bullet hole wound to the head?

:D Or cover him with a sheet and wheel him out on a gurney.

If they do play, they should be announced over the PA as the starting D duo even if they don't go out for the opening faceoff. The roof will fly off the place.

:D Or cover him with a sheet and wheel him out on a gurney.

Well, if the Staal line starts for Carolina again, Henrik will be in the starting lineup if he's ready to go.

I went back and watched. It looks like the lower part of his left arm got pinned in the boards.

It doesn't look like a shoulder but I am betting a deep bruise. I hope they are able to stabalize it,

He may have some pain following through on shots, but what is more important are his crisp clearing passes which (and of course I know jack about the real extent of this) are more important.

If Teppo and Henrik do play, who do you bench--Jillson or Fitzpatrick? I'd lean toward benching Rory myself, I thought Jillson did a pretty good job....

I know a lot of people are down on Rory - and he's deserved his fair share of it - but I'd sit Jillson. There's a reason why prior to last night Jillson's last game was in April in Rochester.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downing Jillson, but Rory, IMO, is a better stay-at-home D-man.

Why would Connolly sit out if it was just a "mental thing" at this point? You would think as a competitor, he'd be giving Ruff the sales pitch every day to get back in the lineup. It's the conference finals for godssake?!? Usually athletes have to be restrained by the medical staff from getting back out there. I would think he is seriously injured since it's already been a few weeks and 7 games later. I doubt we see him again.

I know a lot of people are down on Rory - and he's deserved his fair share of it - but I'd sit Jillson. There's a reason why prior to last night Jillson's last game was in April in Rochester.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not downing Jillson, but Rory, IMO, is a better stay-at-home D-man.

I agree.

Archived