Injury Updates & Rumors

PTS

Why would Connolly sit out if it was just a "mental thing" at this point? You would think as a competitor, he'd be giving Ruff the sales pitch every day to get back in the lineup. It's the conference finals for godssake?!? Usually athletes have to be restrained by the medical staff from getting back out there. I would think he is seriously injured since it's already been a few weeks and 7 games later. I doubt we see him again.

We're talking about Connolly's life here. If he's seriously worried about his longterm heath, he needs to get that sorted out before he ever comes near the ice again, even if we're talking about game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

I would also sit Jillson before Fitzy. Yes, Jillson played a good game, but it was only one game. Fitzy has been above him on the depth chart all year for a reason, he's the better player. I also think Fitzy's getting more crap around here than he deserves. He's the worst of our top 7 defensemen, so he's people are going to complain about him, but he hasn't been as bad as some people have been saying.

And Labatt, as for Connolly, Brad Riter on WGR said it's a mental thing with him and when he's ready to return, he can play right away. The person I talked to said he won't be surprised if Connolly doesn't come back because he has been really shaken up but that was just his opinion. Hopefully the boys pressure him back if he truly is OK.

That sucks for Tim, but no one can blame him. I can imagine it will take some time until he is confident and comfortable back out on the ice if that is the case. Baby steps.

It's one thing to complain about, say, Hasek flaking out on his team (whether it be Ottawa or Buffalo) because he isn't one hundred percent gen-yoo-wine bonafide healthy.

It's one thing to complain about Michael Peca scheduling his wedding to fall during the Stanley Cup Finals (thereby intimating that he didn't think his team would get that far) and then not flat-out declaring that he'd play if it got that far.

It's quite another to complain about a guy who missed an entire season to head injuries not pushing to get back on the ice until he's sure he can do it.

People need to lay off Timmy. A wedding can be postponed. A groin can heal. This is Timmy's LIFE we're talking about.

There person that I know that knows people ... they know something again! :P

Tallinder: Henry took a nasty slash to an undisclosed part of his arm (probably wrist). The x-rays came out good as he apparently has a bad but managable bruise. He is probable for tomorrow.

I don't know these to be absolute truths, so I say take them with a grain of salt, but hopefully these turn out true like my previous insider injury updates.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Scratch one against your insider. Tallinder broke his arm.

In his defense, the guy doesn't have x-ray vision. Henry was hopeful that the injury wasn't major and seemed optimistic. Obviously a second x-ray after the swelling went down proved otherwise.

There person that I know that knows people ... they know something again! :P

Teppo: Expect Teppo back in the lineup tomorrow. Apparently he was very close to coming back last night.

Tallinder: Henry took a nasty slash to an undisclosed part of his arm (probably wrist). The x-rays came out good as he apparently has a bad but managable bruise. He is probable for tomorrow. Strike One: X-Rays Today Reveal Otherwise. We have to presume he got slashed and I would love to see if there is video of it and what the NHL will do if it was indeed dirty.

Timmy: Doesn't look like he'll be ready tomorrow.

Mair: He's ready but probably won't play since there is no one to take out after Novotny's solid performance last night.

I don't know these to be absolute truths, so I say take them with a grain of salt, but hopefully these turn out true like my previous insider injury updates.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

I posted this last night after I heard he got hurt:

I just re-watched the third period.

With 6:06 left, Tallinder retrieved a puck on the half-wall to Miller's right. He backhanded the puck out of the zone, and Recchi (I think) checked him while his left arm was extended (he's a left hand shot). Recchi didn't hit the body, he hit the extended arm.

I would guess sprained wrist or hyperextended elbow. Maybe a broken forearm. Not good.

Archived