do the sabres have enough depth at d?

northersabre

Is it just me or does it seem like the sabres defencemen are getting punished??

Numinen is now out of the game and our depth is very thin.....

It could be the death of us...

should of darcy traded for defence depth i think if we lose another Dman

and Fitzpatrick is our 5th D we are in trouble.

Just an observtion watching them play

I honestly believe that we could plug in any of the people posting here on defense and they would still find a way to win the game...

This team doesnt care about anything other than winning games and they believe they will win no matter who is or isn't in the lineup... They win because of plays like Drury possibly risking injury by the way he blocked the shot in the final 10 seconds of the game sacrificing himself and making sure they do whatever it takes to win...

I can't see any team in the league beating this team 4 of 7 games in a series, and I certainly can't see any team left in the playoffs doing it...

Do the Sabres have a forward who can play D? If Mair is ready to play, does that free up someone? Ah, never mind.

Pominville has practiced at D in addition to his playing the point on the powerplay. Should Janik or Paetsch come in and be unable to get the job done, you could (very slightly) possibly see Jason take a shift or 2 back there. I would only expect to see that if Toni, Henrik, and Jay are absolutely gassed and Lindy is afraid to have Campbell out there with Rory or Doug (or worse yet, Rory and Doug out there together).

Who knows, maybe Janik is actually ready for showtime. If he is, do not expect to see Rory back next season.

As I have said a hundred times, who moved at the trading deadline that you would have liked us to pick up?

Right on, Hopelessly. The assertion "we should've picked up a defenseman at the deadline", unsupported by any facts, has been annoying me for the last 2 months.

As I have said a hundred times, who moved at the trading deadline that you would have liked us to pick up?

As I've stated 2 or 3 times, although he moved before the deadline, I wanted to see the Sabres pick up Spacek. He was moved for a midlevel prospect, so I'd have to believe the Sabres could have picked him up (from Chicago) without mortgaging the future and he only makes $2.25MM so he wouldn't have totally messed up the Sabres salary structure either. He's decent in his own end and works very well on the powerplay.

Archived