Look at #9...

elcrusho

In actuality the Palm Beach report pretty much went 7 for 10.

The only three predictions they got wrong were Ruff getting fired, the Rangers stinking and Gretzky not finishing the year as coach of the Coyotes.

To be quite honest I think that's a pretty good success rate.

However, I do agree that Florida shouldn't have hockey either. Get a 2nd team in Toronto, get a team back in Hartford and get Quebec a team again.

In actuality the Palm Beach report pretty much went 7 for 10.

The only three predictions they got wrong were Ruff getting fired, the Rangers stinking and Gretzky not finishing the year as coach of the Coyotes.

To be quite honest I think that's a pretty good success rate.

However, I do agree that Florida shouldn't have hockey either. Get a 2nd team in Toronto, get a team back in Hartford and get Quebec a team again.

If you really want to get technical, the went 7.5 for 10 - The Rangers did stink, but it took them until the playoffs to show they still had it in them to suck.

As for the entire Ruff part, who here didn't think the Sabres were not going to be a good team and was calling for Ruff and Regiers head. I know I atleast was willing to see Regier fired, am man enough to admit that.

Looking back in Hindsight, it would be harder to find someone predicting the Sabres would be one of the best teams or atleast be a decent team.

People shouldn't look at Florida and say it doesn't deserve a team becuase its a warm weather area, or because the fans aren't hockey experts, they don't deserve a team if they cannot get a fan base and sell tickets (much like any city in the NHL or in any sport). If you cannot sell tickets to your games, you don't deserve a team.

Why does Toronto need a second Hockey team???????????????

Are you trying to kill the Sabres off???????????????

Buffalo has enough problems becasue they are so close to Toronto. They can't get a TV deal in Southern Ontario to tap part of their market (Niagara Region/part of Southern Ontario are a part of the Sabres Territory) because of the Leafs. There is no need for another team in Toronto. Putting a team back in Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Hartford could work, but those clubs moved for a reason, why is bringing a team back going to make that much of a difference?

So Dallas and Detroit stunk this year and Colorado missed the playoffs as well? <_<

You guys are pretty liberal graders if you are giving him that call. :P

Dave, that's not what the article said. It said this: "Detroit, Colorado and Dallas no longer will rule." It was correct.

Dave, that's not what the article said. It said this: "Detroit, Colorado and Dallas no longer will rule." It was correct.

Detroit had the most points in the NHL in the regular season and Dallas won their division. What part of that isn't "ruling"?

Why does Toronto need a second Hockey team???????????????

Are you trying to kill the Sabres off???????????????

Buffalo has enough problems becasue they are so close to Toronto. They can't get a TV deal in Southern Ontario to tap part of their market (Niagara Region/part of Southern Ontario are a part of the Sabres Territory) because of the Leafs. There is no need for another team in Toronto. Putting a team back in Winnipeg, Quebec City, and Hartford could work, but those clubs moved for a reason, why is bringing a team back going to make that much of a difference?

Toronto has a second team...The Marlies, who are the Leafs AHL team. And that's perfect. Because a second NHL team in T.O. would be the permanent red-headed bastard child to the Leafs. Look at the Mets in NY.

PTR

Archived