• Samuelson
    • Joki
    • Johnson
    • Bryson
    • Clifton
    • Levi
    • UPL
    • Other

Well, I voted for Skinner. I don't "hate" Skinner the person (actually find him very funny, witty, and have watched him many times engage the fans giving pucks, etc), but I hate skinner the player. This is what the SS Poster was getting at IMO. Skinner's lack of effort in all areas except scoring, his contract, and his lack of leadership are my reasons. VO is another, but he hasn't played much this season. Bryson would have been my number 1 last season, but as another SS poster has mentioned, he has shown tremendous growth this season and as such gets credit for that from me.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

I don’t hate the person, but I do so loathe Thompsons lack of effort, and always peeling off after losing the puck or having his shot stopped.

Show some freakin’ heart and win that thing back, or jam it home! Lazy slacker!

This is where I'm at too. Last year when he was dialed in, he was one of my most liked players. Everytime he had the puck in the offensive zone, he had me on edge of my seat. This year... Nothing.

5 hours ago, steveoath said:

Hate is a strong and overused word.

I don’t know any of the players so will not say I hate any. I have grown tired of watching several, however. 

Who said anything about hate?

I voted for Other.  There is no one on the team I dislike.  There are players like Bryson, Z and Jost that I think we no longer need, but I don’t dislike them or the effort they give.  Thompson is my biggest disappointment.  I am a fan of JJP and have been one since I saw him play at the World Jrs.  

I disliked ROR and his brother, because I didn’t think they were good people.  I dislike Marchand because I think he is a punk who gets too much leeway from the officials.  There is no one currently on the Sabres that I feel like I do about ROR or Marchand.  It’s kind of hard to dislike a bunch of kids.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I voted for Other.  There is no one on the team I dislike.  There are players like Bryson, Z and Jost that I think we no longer need, but I don’t dislike them or the effort they give.  Thompson is my biggest disappointment.  I am a fan of JJP and have been one since I saw him play at the World Jrs.  

I disliked ROR and his brother, because I didn’t think they were good people.  I dislike Marchand because I think he is a punk who gets too much leeway from the officials.  There is no one currently on the Sabres that I feel like I do about ROR or Marchand.  It’s kind of hard to dislike a bunch of kids.

I agree with you.  It might be easy to say Skinner because he doesn't play much defense (although he HAS been doing more work on the boards recently and actually IS winning some puck battles). Or Cozens or Tage because of the drop off in production. But, as far as being 'disliked', I can't really say anyone. If any single player on this team was traded, i would WANT them to do well on the other team. I could not say that for a lot of people in the past that played here.

2 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe this thread and survey should be retitled "Which Sabre do you most want to be OFF the team next season?"

Skinner would be the clear cut winner.  Especially if you don't include Olofsson and Comrie who are most definitely gone 

19 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Who would be the most liked player? Probably Dahlin, UPL or Benson with the most votes? 

I think Tuch would get a lot.

There are those on this forum that don't like the year he is having, don't like one or two things he said...but the 'thinking he is from the area', and him being visible as a Bills fan, I think that goes a lot way with fans liking him, especially the more 'casual' fans that either don't post here, or aren't the hardcore Sabres fans that post a lot.

Skinner isn't a defensive forward,  it's not his game.  He's not a large man and he plays small.  He's a goal scorer and we traded for him because we desperately needed goals.  He's produced at my expectation, except for under Krueger.  

I'm not hating a guy for that.  

• Like (+1) 1