GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Edmonton Oilers Thurs. 3/21- 9pm MSG, ESPN+ and WGR Radio

10 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

When does 26 ask for a trade?

He is locked up long term, but so was Eichel.  All he has to do is tell Adams he doesn’t want to be here I guess, maybe say things publicly that piss off Terry.  

I’ll give it two years.  

Let’s see what happens with Bryam soon.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, SabresVet said:

Botterill was fired because he refused to cut staff. Murray because he didn’t build a team aligned with his HC’s scheme. Regier because he had lots of money and still couldn’t get it done during TPegs’ early years. 

Terry wouldn’t have to fire so many people if he could find better GMs.  That would necessitate he admit he doesn’t know his a** from a hole in the ground about the NHL.  Which would, of course, allow Buffalo to attract a qualified GM to get this team into the playoffs.  I don’t think Terry has a plan if Kevyn keeps failing.  Not many eager to have thay guy second-guesssing a GM or meddling in personnel. 

Careful.  The “Terry doesn’t meddle” gang is going to get riled. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Careful.  The “Terry doesn’t meddle” gang is going to get riled. 

Who cares? After last night’s humiliation, all fans ought to be riled…

Given reality?? No one worth a damn wants to play for Pegula. He’s meddling and cheap… Or Adams. He’s clueless and stubborn… Or, Granato… He’s in over his head and drowning.

This franchise is accepting of defeat. It’s the conclusion more fans like me are coming to, imo…

Want improvement?… Reset the roster… You got Byram… Now bring in a few 25-28 yr old lead by example vets with skills and playoff chops… and a couple big bodied fearless vets with speed and snarl… That’s five skaters… Buy them. Incentivize them. Unleash them.

Take a lesson from Beane… Trade anybody on our roster today for the right players… Anybody… Restructure contracts… Be brave… Just do it.

Otherwise we are looking at two more years of “Close”… Of boys… soft boys at that… playing against men.

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This team is broken and KA and Granato have no idea how to fix it. The whole world can see their issues but them. How many different announcers call them out and say they are soft and easy to play against and there have been zero changes there. Last night was like watching boys play against men!!! We were out hit, out worked, out skated, out everything. Sad thing is next year we will see the same as i honestly in my heart do not see TP doing a damn thing. I will always be a Sabres fan, but not of this group. From KA down to the players, there is no plan, no heart, no accountability and no soul to this organization/Team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

He is locked up long term, but so was Eichel.  All he has to do is tell Adams he doesn’t want to be here I guess, maybe say things publicly that piss off Terry.  

I’ll give it two years.  

Let’s see what happens with Bryam soon.  

I see him wasting away here

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I just can’t imagine being Terry Pegula and owning a team for 13 years and failing to qualify for the playoffs one time. I’d be too embarrassed to leave my house. My son is 12 and has never seen a playoff game.

I haven’t a Stanley cup either since 1970

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I just can’t imagine being Terry Pegula and owning a team for 13 years and failing to qualify for the playoffs one time. I’d be too embarrassed to leave my house. My son is 12 and has never seen a playoff game.

Terry Pegula experienced the thrill of playoff hockey 13 years ago and said “No thanks. I’ll have a Minotaur.”

39 minutes ago, Believer said:

Given reality?? No one worth a damn wants to play for Pegula. He’s meddling and cheap… Or Adams. He’s clueless and stubborn… Or, Granato… He’s in over his head and drowning.

This is a very real thing.  We rightfully have a reputation around the league as being a dysfunctional organization with a "bad" ownership situation and top candidates don't want to touch a place like that with a 10 foot pole.

I will repeat what I've been reduced to for the last 3 or 4 years: Mr. Pegula, please just sell my hockey team and move on with your life.  Enjoy the Bills and their "success" and stick to hanging out in your 10,000 sq.ft. pleasure palace in Boca.   

This is VERY similar to where we all were with the Bills for a LONG TIME toward the end of Ralph's life. For about the last 20 years there, it got to a point where until Ralph died, NOTHING would change.  That was an absolute fact and history proved that true.  

Until Pegula sells the team, don't expect much of a change either.

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

This is VERY similar to where we all were with the Bills for a LONG TIME toward the end of Ralph's life. For about the last 20 years there, it got to a point where until Ralph died, NOTHING would change.  That was an absolute fact and history proved that true.  

Great insight @Kruppstahl… Think you are exactly right… 

45 minutes ago, Believer said:

Who cares? After last night’s humiliation, all fans ought to be riled…

This franchise is accepting of defeat. It’s the conclusion more fans like me are coming to, imo…

Want improvement?… Reset the roster… You got Byram… Now bring in a few 25-28 yr old lead by example vets with skills and playoff chops… and a couple big bodied fearless vets with speed and snarl… That’s five skaters… Buy them. Incentivize them. Unleash them.

Take a lesson from Beane… Trade anybody on our roster today for the right players… Anybody… Restructure contracts… Be brave… Just do it.

Otherwise we are looking at two more years of “Close”… Of boys… soft boys at that… playing against men.

Sorry for the rant.

Beane and McDermott were really quite incredible.  That very first year they started taking the team apart but they still made the playoffs, breaking a 17 year drought, and sending a message that there are finally competent people running the team in Buffalo.  I loved that McD said he owned the drought.  He knew he didn't cause it, but he knew he had to own it and therefore anyone who played for him also owned it, and they made it a goal to end it.  

Contrast that to the Sabres where has Adams publicly stated that he, and his coaches, and his players, are not responsible for the drought.  You see how that is working to inspire his troops.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

And now that I have dropped my Sabres seasons, it looks like the Bills will follow soon after. My family has been an original season ticket holder of the Bills since 1960 and with 4 tickets in my name now, I will have to pay $60,000 just for the PSL alone. They won't even give us any info until some idiot shows us around this stadium experience facility as they try and sales 101 me. Yeah, no thanks. With The Masters right around the corner, it's only fitting - Terry Pegula, ruining traditions like no other.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

And now that I have dropped my Sabres seasons, it looks like the Bills will follow soon after. My family has been an original season ticket holder of the Bills since 1960 and with 4 tickets in my name now, I will have to pay $60,000 just for the PSL alone. They won't even give us any info until some idiot shows us around this stadium experience facility as they try and sales 101 me. Yeah, no thanks. With The Masters right around the corner, it's only fitting - Terry Pegula, ruining traditions like no other.

it's ridiculous

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

WOW.  Season since 1960.  64 years.   

The PSL concept should be illegal.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

PSL's should be illegal for any stadium that accepts public funding, aid, or tax breaks. If an owner wants to charge $200k for PSL's, go for it, but they need to forfeit all their public subsidies. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

And there is ZERO seniority level which is an absolute slap in the face. Ralph Wilson may have been cheap, but he was loyal.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Beane and McDermott were really quite incredible.  That very first year they started taking the team apart but they still made the playoffs, breaking a 17 year drought, and sending a message that there are finally competent people running the team in Buffalo.  I loved that McD said he owned the drought.  He knew he didn't cause it, but he knew he had to own it and therefore anyone who played for him also owned it, and they made it a goal to end it.  

Contrast that to the Sabres where has Adams publicly stated that he, and his coaches, and his players, are not responsible for the drought.  You see how that is working to inspire his troops.  

Kirby, who works in pro sports on the business side, said in another thread  that the Bills aren't known for being a well run org on the business side. 

I am fully confident that if the Bills are without both Allen and Bean that they will crash and burn just like the Sabres have. Terry may very well go from "the savior" to the least favorite person in Buffalo in the next 10 years. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Not sure Buffalo is a PSL ready market… Yours is a great example @CallawaySabres… Have to think the Bills did extensive fan data base analysis and are confident PSLs  will sell.

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

PSL's should be illegal for any stadium that accepts public funding, aid, or tax breaks. If an owner wants to charge $200k for PSL's, go for it, but they need to forfeit all their public subsidies. 

Makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Believer said:

Not sure Buffalo is a PSL ready market… Yours is a great example @CallawaySabres… Have to think the Bills did extensive fan data base analysis and are confident PSLs  will sell.

Also the PSL's in most stadiums/arenas get you priority access to concerts, soccer, boxing, WWE, monster trucks etc. You increase your value with priority access to other events. The new stadiums PSL gets you 8-12 football games per year. That is it. That's the list. 

Edited by Mango

44 minutes ago, Believer said:

Makes sense.

I wish somebody would ask Pegula about it. 

"Terry, the Bills are near the top of the league in ticket sales and attendance. This community has been showing up in large numbers even through a historical drought. Given the exorbitant cost of the PSL's for the new stadium, the fact that this new stadium is the largest ever public subsidy for any stadium ever, and the fact that you are struggling with general maintenance of the Key Bank Center, is it fair to assume that you are struggling with the business ops and profitability of sports ownership? Otherwise how do you explain putting such a hefty tax on the fanbase that is already providing you with historical subsidies?"

Edited by Mango
  • Awesome! (+1) 3