(OT) Common Sabrespace Typos and Poor Grammar That Drive You Mad

shrader

I'll add another complaint (though not relevant to a written medium like this forum).

It really rubs me the wrong way when I hear someone pronounce the plurals of bias and process with an -eez ending. Lots of words do get plurals like this: ellipsis, diagnosis, parenthesis, genesis, catharthis, metamorphosis, psychosis, synopsis, and many more. But these are all -sis words of Greek origin, which isn't the case for bias or process.

This is something I mainly hear from otherwise well-educated people, which makes it baffling to me. It's like some form of pattern recognition gone wrong.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 2:37 PM, JujuFish said:

I'll add another complaint (though not relevant to a written medium like this forum).

It really rubs me the wrong way when I hear someone pronounce the plurals of bias and process with an -eez ending. Lots of words do get plurals like this: ellipsis, diagnosis, parenthesis, genesis, catharthis, metamorphosis, psychosis, synopsis, and many more. But these are all -sis words of Greek origin, which isn't the case for bias or process.

This is something I mainly hear from otherwise well-educated people, which makes it baffling to me. It's like some form of pattern recognition gone wrong.

I have one that is similar.  When people say I am bias, instead of biased.  Dude you aren’t a 6’9” basketball phenomenon that was getting comps to MJ.  You are biased.