GDT / Islanders @ Sabres, Thurs 3/14, 7pm MSG, ESPN+ & WGR Radio

3 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Islanders broadcast is insufferable. Saying that it was interference because of his right skate

They're definitely homers. They initially said the challenge was desperation all you can do. Then, the more they watched it, the more they tried to convince their audience that it was interference.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

They're definitely homers. They initially said the challenge was desperation all you can do. Then, the more they watched it, the more they tried to convince their audience that it was interference.

🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

They’re 16-11-1 since Jan 1. That’s good for 16th in the league and 9th in the conference.

So if by “top team” you mean “average” then you nailed it! There was that 3 game win streak in there. So I get how thag could skew some things. 

I agree with you that is not really a 'top team'.  But that is almost a 97 point pace, so 'good' at least, and the thing that makes it feel better is, they have been in just about every single game. Of their 11 losses, I would say most were either 1 goal losses or 2/3 goal losses due to empty net goals. I think there really have maybe been only 3 or 4 of those 28 games that they lost 'cleanly', in contrast to the beginning of the year where they would have 'clean losses' 3 or 4 times a month at least.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Second Line Center said:

AZ up 2-1 on Detroit 

NYR up 2-1 on TB

Philly down 3-0 also.  Worth watching them some to as team that could fall back.  

Yes, the Flyers have dropped back into the discussion - didn't see that coming. If we keep playing the way we are definitely in the mix.