Adams press conference post trade deadline

PASabreFan

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Every team drafts and develops. It's not a plan.

Sure it is. It's just not a plan many like. The truth is, many FA's, both high end top 6 and bottom 6 players will not commit to coming to an organization that is not firmly established as an annual playoff contender. Trades may, and can address some roster deficiencies if there is no NTC/NMC involved, but teams that have been prolonged basement dwellers looking to climb out of said basement can and have established drafting and developing as the plan. Detroit in the late 80's/early 90's, Pittsburgh in the early 2000's, the Oilers most recently.

So to say it's not a plan is disingenuous. Just sayin PA, it's been played out in the past.

Edited by Scottysabres

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Every team drafts and develops. It's not a plan.

Every team does it and returns to the playoffs in a quicker time frame. 

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Sure it is. It's just not a plan many like. The truth is, many FA's, both high end top 6 and bottom 6 players will not commit to coming to an organization that is not firmly established as an annual playoff contender. Trades may, and can address some roster deficiencies if there is no NTC/NMC involved, but teams that have been prolonged basement dwellers looking to climb out of said basement can and have established drafting and developing as the plan. Detroit in the late 80's/early 90's, Pittsburgh in the early 2000's, the Oilers most recently.

So to say it's not a plan is disingenuous. Just sayin PA, it's been played out in the past.

No, it’s a plan. And by Adams’ own admission, the plan was expected to result in a playoff berth this year. That’s kinda the point 

We can disagree with the strategy, but the best way to evaluate it is based on the success or failure relative to what it is trying to achieve. By the principles OF a draft and develop strategy, this season represented a noted lag

im for giving Adams another shot next year but this isn’t an “all part of the plan” situation right now. This year has been a noted misfire 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Disingenuous bc it's an opinion you don't like? This doesn't advance the discussion.

Draft and develop only is a plan? How many teams rebuild that way? No trades? No signings? Even the Sabres aren't doing that 

KA's roster construction sucks.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Every team does it and returns to the playoffs in a quicker time frame. 

No, it’s a plan. And by Adams’ own admission, the plan was expected to result in a playoff berth this year. That’s kinda the point 

We can disagree with the strategy, but the best way to evaluate it is based on the success or failure relative to what it is trying to achieve. By the principles OF a draft and develop strategy, this season represented a noted lag

im for giving Adams another shot next year but this isn’t an “all part of the plan” situation right now. This year has been a noted misfire 

Time frames are a fine thing to institute. It keeps the goals of a plan to the forefront. But they are subjective. As with all plans,  There is no cookie cutter for that. 

"No plan survives contact with the enemy". This is truth, but what are we really discussing? That Pegula and the management/coaching staff are the enemy? I see the players on the ice improving in the areas played out by Granato before the seasons start, I also see Adams failure in moving to address roster deficiencies noticeable early season, but like yourself, it's not enough for me to throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Disingenuous bc it's an opinion you don't like? This doesn't advance the discussion.

Draft and develop only is a plan? How many teams rebuild that way? No trades? No signings? Even the Sabres aren't doing that 

KA's roster construction sucks.

There is no disagreement in that Adams didn't address roster deficiencies. And we can only speculate as to why. Did he not attempt to bring in help? I don't know, I'm not privy to the convo's he has or has not had across the season. I do know foundational pieces of cup winners were in fact drafted, hence my comment that it is a plan.

So we're looking like:

Skin - TT - Tuch

Quinn - Cozens - JJP

Greenway - Krebs - Rosen

Robinson - Girgs - Rousek

Byram - Dahlin

Power- Mule

RJ - Clifton

UPL - Comrie

---

Basically if TT, Tuch, Cozens, and Skinner don't play like they did last year whilst keeping the goals against down, we're finishing 25th again.

Cmon KA... do better.

Edited by seer775
  • Like (+1) 1

Guy has the easiest job in the league - Doing ***** all.

God, everytime I think we can’t possibly do worse, an assclown like this guy opens his mouth, and proves me wrong.

How do such incompetent IDIOTS end up in jobs like this?

Edited by Kristian

On 3/8/2024 at 4:34 PM, SwampD said:

Paraphrasing here, but "The way we get better is for the guys we have to get better." WTF?!

He is going to do nothing again this offseason.

We're screwed. Management does not Give A F about winning.

That is the only way this team gets better because no one else in the league wants to come here. I didn’t listen to this presser but when he talked with Koziol and Hamilton before one of the games, Adams eluded to the fact that they run into a lot of issues with players choices. Basically the Sabres are on a lot of no trade lists 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

That is the only way this team gets better because no one else in the league wants to come here. I didn’t listen to this presser but when he talked with Koziol and Hamilton before one of the games, Adams eluded to the fact that they run into a lot of issues with players choices. Basically the Sabres are on a lot of no trade lists 

Which is why, when you are in this situation, you need to rebuild with a character driven team. Gritty guys who give you 60 minutes even if they are less talented or less skilled but you rebuild a culture while you draft your "stars". We are missing that part. You won't get players to come here with a fancy locker room and by coddling them, you do it by creating a winning culture, and thus a loyal fanbase. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1