GDT - 1-31-24 Syracuse @ Rochester - 7:05 pm

inkman

Check out the latest Sabres prospects tonight on AHLTV.  Someone mentioned there was a free trial, unsure if that is still a thing.  Everyone is aware of Rosen and Kulich but a couple new kids on the block are turning heads.  Neuchev & Novikov have been noticeable.  Viktor Neuchev has been scoring at a PPG pace since Kulich left for WJC, Novikov has been steadily improving and receiving more ice time.  

Lukas Rousek has gone pointless last 2 games but he got atleast a point in his previous 13 games (4g, 10a). He’s been playing well. As has Biro. 

I'm guessing one of those two will be in Buffalo next week once Quinn is placed on IR. 

Edited by Two or less

I know the AHL has their own streaming package, but I really wish there was a way we could get the Amerks games on MSG or some other local station.

It may not be 'appointment' TV for me, but there are many nights where I just want something on the TV what I can 'kinda watch' while doing other stuff around the house, on the computer, etc.  Amerks games would fit the bill for that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I know the AHL has their own streaming package, but I really wish there was a way we could get the Amerks games on MSG or some other local station.

It may not be 'appointment' TV for me, but there are many nights where I just want something on the TV what I can 'kinda watch' while doing other stuff around the house, on the computer, etc.  Amerks games would fit the bill for that.

I agree with you.  Sadly, watching the Sabres has fit that bill for me this season too.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Check out the latest Sabres prospects tonight on AHLTV.  Someone mentioned there was a free trial, unsure if that is still a thing.  Everyone is aware of Rosen and Kulich but a couple new kids on the block are turning heads.  Neuchev & Novikov have been noticeable.  Viktor Neuchev has been scoring at a PPG pace since Kulich left for WJC, Novikov has been steadily improving and receiving more ice time.  

The AHL.tv freebie was only Saturday and ONLY for watching the games live.  (Had not caught that last part as was planning on watching the Amerks after the Sabres and Bandits games.  Oops.)

15 minutes ago, caseydean said:

He made some nice stops before that.

Absolutely. He made several stellar stops and I’m not ragging on Levi at all. Score could be much worse as he’s kept the Amerks in the game. 

But none of that makes me feel any better about the one he should have had.

• Like (+1) 1

Thought I was watching the Sabres. PP sucked, 3 guys in all alone on the goalie turns up nothing, team didn't show up until 10 mins left to go in the game, Levi let in a bad softee and not much physical play at all. Syracuse is much bigger and plays a heavier game. Stillman got absolutely crushed into the glass partition between the benches. Left the game and never came back. Amerks played a very uninspired game tonight. The last 10 mins was exciting, but you need to play that way for 60 mins. Frustrating game all around. Refs gave them plenty of chances, but Roch couldn't take advantage.  

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Thought I was watching the Sabres. PP sucked, 3 guys in all alone on the goalie turns up nothing, team didn't show up until 10 mins left to go in the game, Levi let in a bad softee and not much physical play at all. Syracuse is much bigger and plays a heavier game. Stillman got absolutely crushed into the glass partition between the benches. Left the game and never came back. Amerks played a very uninspired game tonight. The last 10 mins was exciting, but you need to play that way for 60 mins. Frustrating game all around. Refs gave them plenty of chances, but Roch couldn't take advantage.  

Pretty much how I saw it as well. Sometimes when I watch the Amerks, I get the impression that not one player on the roster is gonna make a good NHL player. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Pretty much how I saw it as well. Sometimes when I watch the Amerks, I get the impression that not one player on the roster is gonna make a good NHL player. 

Didn't Quinn and JJP have the advantage of having Peca on the coaching staff?  I sorta feel like having him coach the Big Club for one day would make a difference, lol.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

Agree 100%. The Amerks are so inconsistent. I only have half season tix. But so far, I've seen so many different versions ot this team. They were more consistent last season. 

21 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

Didn't Quinn and JJP have the advantage of having Peca on the coaching staff?  I sorta feel like having him coach the Big Club for one day would make a difference, lol.

I sorta feel like Jack Quinn and JJ Peterka were all-time great AHL players.  Kulich and Rosen are good but they don’t control play the way the aforementioned players did.  Those guys were special.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.