Kale Clague called up and sent down a few hours later

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Kale Clague called up and sent down a few hours later
9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What does that say about Bryson and Stillman.  G-d does KA stink.

Ryan Johnson being able to play at a quality NHL level so quickly has been more than a pleasant surprise. And it sure has helped the unit that Clifton has found his game. 

Why are you criticizing the GM when he has found replacements for the defensemen that you scorn so much?

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Ryan Johnson being able to play at a quality NHL level so quickly has been more than a pleasant surprise. And it sure has helped the unit that Clifton has found his game. 

Why are you criticizing the GM when he has found replacements for the defensemen that you scorn so much?

Because the GM knew that neither player was good enough to even bring to camp.  Both should gave been gone this off-season. Stillnan should have never been acquired in the first place.  It’s telling that the Vancouver GM traded us Stillman and then turned around and acquired Hronek from Det.  One GM knew how to dump deadwood from his roster and upgrade it, and another acquired the deadwood. 

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Because the GM knew that neither player was good enough to even bring to camp.  Both should gave been gone this off-season. Stillnan should have never been acquired in the first place.  It’s telling that the Vancouver GM traded us Stillman and then turned around and acquired Hronek from Det.  One GM knew how to dump deadwood from his roster and upgrade it, and another acquired the deadwood. 

Clifton and Johnson were brought in to the blue line mix. And the rookie Johnson seems to have solidified a spot. So why are you exhibiting so much angst for defensemen who have been relegated to the AHL? You should at least be modestly happy by the additions that dropped these players down. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Clifton and Johnson were brought in to the blue line mix. And the rookie Johnson seems to have solidified a spot. So why are you exhibiting so much angst for defensemen who have been relegated to the AHL? You should at least be modestly happy by the additions that dropped these players down. 

Why, because he wasted money on crap D instead of investing like Van did in a top 4 player which we desperately need.  Adding Clifton and EJ just upgraded replacement players to barely 3rd line players, neither of which has been very good, while completely ignoring the team's actual need of 2 top 4 D.

Let's face it, KA has zero idea how to evaluate and acquire NHL level talent.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why, because he wasted money on crap D instead of investing like Van did in a top 4 player which we desperately need.  Adding Clifton and EJ just upgraded replacement players to barely 3rd line players, neither of which has been very good, while completely ignoring the team's actual need of 2 top 4 D.

Let's face it, KA has zero idea how to evaluate and acquire NHL level talent.

Clifton has stabilized his game. There was an adjustment period where he seemed to be lost. Now, he is a solid to good blue liner. Eric Johnson certainly isn't what he was but as a player he is a stabilizer. Ryan Johnson has been better than I could have ever imagined for a rookie. Overall, I would say that the blue line unit is solid. I don't understand why you are so frantic and alarmed by this unit. You have allowed your inexplicable fixation on marginal players (Stillman and Bryson), who are now in Rochester, to cloud your vision on the unit. This unit will even be better once Samuelsson returns to health. And it should be noted that with better goalie play our defense has also improved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Kale Clague was a standout in the advanced stats last year.

Unless someone that watched a lot of Amerks games could convince me otherwise, I think it'd be good if he got a fair shake at the NHL at some point this year. Likely that only happens due to injury, but his numbers from last year definitely warrant another look.

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Kale Clague was a standout in the advanced stats last year.

Unless someone that watched a lot of Amerks games could convince me otherwise, I think it'd be good if he got a fair shake at the NHL at some point this year. Likely that only happens due to injury, but his numbers from last year definitely warrant another look.

He’s been very unsteady in ROC. I’m not saying he needs to play a sandpaper role, but he looks allergic to contact.  He’s another NHL/AHL tweener whose talent in the AHL makes him serviceable.   

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.