IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I wonder what would happen multiple players among TT, Tuch, Skinner, Mitts and Dahlin demanded they be traded.

Very few players actually have the cache to demand something like that never mind stand firm on it. Dahlin maybe but I don’t think he’s close to that in a mind right now 

the Sabres TANKED for Eichel. He knew it was his team inherently that was an inherent part of tanking at all. He had more of a right to be like “you aren’t rebuilding again” than most would. Dahlin as a #1 overall, maybe 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, PASabreFan said:

That escalated quickly.

I mean, Tage is a huge loss. But good teams are built to overcome. Who else is out? Greenway I guess.

Quinn.  His loss can't be overstated 

KA's belief that his spot could be filled internally is the biggest reason they are where they are 

he should have found a true top 6 winger to fill his spot 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Because we’ve had inept GMs. Or an owner hiring inept GMs. Take your pick

Sorry, is Occam’s Razor here that we are mystically cursed? Hockey gods? Monkey paw? 

It's got to be more than that.  I suppose it's possible but I think there's other challenges and they've not always been the same.   Given that, I think this is the way.  Keep developing and drafting and wade through some of the bad hockey especially when injuries are rampant. 

7 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Now your getting off course. The original conversation was on players that could withstand the physical assault as well as players that address need. That pertains to bottom 6 forwards, 4 to 6 d man, an enforcer if you will and a goalie.

Your response: "KA will have to sell EVERY ASSET WE HAVE FOR WHAT YOUR ASKING"

And what, exactly, am I asking for? Again, addressable roster needs.

The only thing we haven't seen a GM try, is this way, and I'm not done wanting to see it through. 

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Quinn.  His loss can't be overstated 

KA's belief that his spot could be filled internally is the biggest reason they are where they are 

he should have found a true top 6 winger to fill his spot 

Yep, man games lost wise we are pretty par for the course re: the team we entered into the season with. Quinn is a separate distinction. It was clear from a good ways out he wouldn’t be available, plenty of time to address it, it doesn’t fall under “bad luck” like the others. But again, bad luck is really just expected luck where injuries are concerned 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.