It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Please turn the nostalgia off. Peca hasn’t been a head coach at any level. Granato has been a head coach at every level.  

I get it that people are impatient and frustrated, but this is just silly.  

I said he'd be the "potential" replacement in a down the road a little way. After some time as the assistant. We have a tendency to hire coaches with no NHL head coaching experience after all.  Peca and his style/background bring all the things Granato and the current group do not. Could he translate that and get our guys to learn it/play it idk but he brings a fire and passion that Granato seems to lack in his more intellectual and (generally) calm approach. He seems to be working out in New York. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The thread coming to be is an important milestone, but the ones in the past have stayed up for a long time before the firing occurs in many instances

This is a football phrase for a reason - one bad month can doom you to 5 months of hectic chasing that wears you out by spring. This is what happened last year. Everyone was hurt at the end because they had to play them 28 hard minutes to squeak points out against bad teams to not fall further below .500 months before. 

You need to be getting points at every stage of your season

You mean like how Saint Louis was worn out when they were the worst team in hockey in January and won the Stanley Cup that year?

Have they not been getting points? They are .500 thru the first 15 games. Not 1-13-1.

And they didn't miss the playoffs due to being worn out. They missed the playoffs because they were abysmal at home. When the only teams with a worse home record are the 4 worst teams in the league that all finished 30+ points behind you in the standings, you need to look no further where the problem is.

Edited by Big Guava

2 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

You mean like how Saint Louis was worn out when they were the worst team in hockey in January and won the Stanley Cup that year?

St. Louis (plus 2 other teams I believe) are the anomaly. Especially St. Louis who went on to a Cup instead of just making the playoffs when they weren't in that position by US Thanksgiving. That being said. This Sabres club is no where near that one and unless one of the goaltenders turns into Jordan Binnington 2.0, not happening with this club.

14 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Granato doesn’t need to be fired but I would be looking at the assistant coaches. Whoever is running the PP needs to be removed. It’s an absolute mess.

Like others have mentioned I was very disappointed that they couldn’t find a spot for Peca on the staff. 

I'm good with Granato's firing. Gallant awaits (that is if he wants the job, he is getting paid still)

Just now, eman said:

St. Louis (plus 2 other teams I believe) are the anomaly. Especially St. Louis who went on to a Cup instead of just making the playoffs when they weren't in that position by US Thanksgiving. That being said. This Sabres club is no where near that one and unless one of the goaltenders turns into Jordan Binnington 2.0, not happening with this club.

How do you know? Binnington was a rookie that year. Levi is fully capable of becoming that as he gains experience.

It's amazing how people act like young players just automatically reach their peak in their first game and if they don't there is no chance they improve during a season.

Do you even watch sports?

24 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

How do you know? Binnington was a rookie that year. Levi is fully capable of becoming that as he gains experience.

It's amazing how people act like young players just automatically reach their peak in their first game and if they don't there is no chance they improve during a season.

Do you even watch sports?

Prove me wrong. Watch it, and this club all the time. My question to you? You do know about the SportsCentre stat about being in a playoff spot by US Thanksgiving? What actually makes you believe that this club will be the one to be like St. Louis besides being a blinded fan? The team I'm watching makes the same mistakes, plays piss poor defence, shows up every other night to play. My bet is, no playoffs again this season. Feel absolutely free to call me out if they do. Not with this current coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, eman said:

Prove me wrong. Watch it, and this club all the time. My question to you? You do know about the SportsCentre stat about being in a playoff spot by US Thanksgiving? What actually makes you believe that this club will be the one to be like St. Louis besides being a blinded fan? The team I'm watching makes the same mistakes, plays piss poor defence, shows up every other night to play. My bet is, no playoffs again this season. Feel absolutely free to call me out if they do. Not with this current coaching staff.

I don't give a crap about that "stat". 

Quinn will likely give them a significant boost on the back half of the year once he comes back. 

Will probably take him a month or so to get back into the swing of things once he starts playing.

Blah, blah, blah...

You don't actually watch games. At least not with any knowledge of what you are watching.

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

This thread is ridiculous. Nobody is getting fired, and we will make the playoffs. I'm really surprised by how many chicken littles there are on this site.

I agree with you there. No one is getting fired but I am going with the SportsCentre stats on making the playoffs. The odds are just too high to go against that trend. This team needs to find some consistency. Let's see how they look against Boston, including Devon Levi.

Just now, Big Guava said:

I don't give a crap about that "stat". 

Quinn will likely give them a significant boost on the back half of the year once he comes back. 

Will probably take him a month or so to get back into the swing of things once he starts playing.

Blah, blah, blah...

You don't actually watch games. At least not with any knowledge of what you are watching.

Again, feel absolutely free to call me out when they "make the playoffs this year"! LOL! You are blinded and that's OK, they need fans like you, give them all your hard earned cash. maybe ine day, they'll reward you- maybe even this season!

Just now, Sabres73 said:

I am not "blinded", thanks for your passive-aggressive "you are blinded and that's OK", and "fans like you". More nonsense. You don't have a clue what you're talking about Mr. Chicken Little.

See you at US Thanksgiving! Hope they're in a playoff spot. I watch a lot of sports and if you claim to also, you are blinded by dismissing that stat. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, I believe that someone was accused of being a jerk for noting a common grammatical mistake. So, maybe this will also be found haughty and pedantic, but since I am troubled by unintentional illogic, what you mean is that DG felt threatened, knowing that Peca would probably be his successor. Peca could still be hired as such, btw.

Yes successor. Polish moment since ai have no reason why I put predecessor. 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by Sidc3000

NO.  It is not the time to fire the coach.  

They are 7-7-1.  Still very much in the thick of it and actually slightly ahead of last years pace.  Firing the coach after 15 games when at .500 is irrational.   This is not a winning team in decline, it’s a young team trying to get to another level.  

Firing the coach is pretty much giving up on the season.  Does anyone think that Matty Ellis can do better, cause that is what you will get.  Just do not think that Adams is going to bring in a proven vet NHL coach like Gallant.  We will get another experiment.  

The slow start is on Adams IMHO.  Granato plays the cards in his hand.  Adams brought this roster back. He spent the preseason with extended prospect tryouts resulting in a slow start.  Adams made no moves at goalie, sticking with 3.  

If you want a full regime change, GM and coach, then you do it after this season but Adams and Granato should get another full season 

Let see were they are at the Holidays.  If somehow the team quits on DG and they fall back to the dregs of the league then yes, make a change.  But we are not there right now. 

calm down united kingdom GIF

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, eman said:

Again, feel absolutely free to call me out when they "make the playoffs this year"! LOL! You are blinded and that's OK, they need fans like you, give them all your hard earned cash. maybe ine day, they'll reward you- maybe even this season!

Hey look... I found a pic of you leading your followers...

wgn-tv chicago GIF by WGN Morning News

Edited by Big Guava
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

NO.  It is not the time to fire the coach.  

They are 7-7-1.  Still very much in the thick of it and actually slightly ahead of last years pace.  Firing the coach after 15 games when at .500 is irrational.   This is not a winning team in decline, it’s a young team trying to get to another level.  

Firing the coach is pretty much giving up on the season.  Does anyone think that Matty Ellis can do better, cause that is what you will get.  Just do not think that Adams is going to bring in a proven vet NHL coach like Gallant.  We will get another experiment.  

The slow start is on Adams IMHO.  Granato plays the cards in his hand.  Adams brought this roster back. He spent the preseason with extended prospect tryouts resulting in a slow start.  Adams made no moves at goalie, sticking with 3.  

If you want a full regime change, GM and coach, then you do it after this season but Adams and Granato should get another full season 

Let see were they are at the Holidays.  If somehow the team quits on DG and they fall back to the dregs of the league then yes, make a change.  But we are not there right now. 

calm down united kingdom GIF

I'm calm but I mean how much more time does DG need? He's been the interim HC in 2019, hired on as HC so about 3 years total as the HC since I don't really count the interim job. The PP is a joke, it the pass to Tage in the corner for a blast, that worked last season but it's quite clear teams have caught on to that gimmick. The defensive struggles are still very much a real thing. I'm not really sure what more we need to see from him? Is there something I'm missing? 

Also if the assistants are part of the problem why are they here? Who's heading this PP? If its 1 of the assistant coaches then DG should take the reigns.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

You mean real Thanksgiving?

The one that gets more media, yeah, that one.

1 hour ago, Big Guava said:

Hey look... I found a pic of you leading your followers...

wgn-tv chicago GIF by WGN Morning News

You sure that's not coach Donnie Meatballs and his assistant coaches? Sure looks like it to me!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.