The John-Jason Peterka Breakout Season Thread

LGR4GM

JJP is listed at 6’ and 189 pounds.  He looks much more stout this year and when he is moving he can be a load. 

Let’s look at his development.  

At 18-19 he plays a full year in Rochester.  Impresses, grows his game, and makes a splash in the playoffs 

At 19-20 he could have spent more time in the AHL.  If he was with the Avs, or Tampa, he may have started the year in the minors.  On a weaker team like Buffalo he was able to play in the NHL with youngsters Quinn and Cozens.  He needed protected minutes at times but he did a nice job overall.  Then he played well in the Worlds. 

This season at 20-21 he looks to be blossoming.  Changes in his physical strength are helping him. Opportunity to play with better veteran players is helping him.  Last years experience is helping him.  JJP is a rare player that looks to be developing quickly.  

Now look at Savoie at 19 years and 5’9” and 179.  He needs a year in Rochester like JJP had, and I didn’t need to see 4 minutes of NHL play to figure that out.  Savoie also has a pretty stout lower body and a frame that can carry more weight.   He just needs time, strength and conditioning, and the confidence you get from succeeding in the AHL, a tough and physical league  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Norcal said:

JJP is dreamy.

My confidence in him is growing by the game. 

He is still only a fraction of what he's going to become. 

I'm most excited about him right now than anyone in the organization. 

Although I disagree with “a fraction”  … I’m right there with you. 👍🏼

Although on further reflection .. 2/3 is a fraction 😂 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.