PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

IMG20240406192325.jpg

IMG20240406191535.jpg

IMG20240406213212.jpg

IMG20240406192325.jpg

IMG20240406191535.jpg

IMG20240406213212.jpg

This is the first time I've sat behind the bench for any hockey game. Really enjoyed it. You see the game like the players and coaches see it. 

Don Granato should try that 

• Haha (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

His ears are prolly still ringing from the huge hit he took Wed night. 

Lol. 😂 More likely he doesn't want to look like he's not focused on the game in from of Seth Appert.

Speaking of, Joe Yerdon and Lance Lysowski said on their Maintenance Day podcast that Appert is on the list of NHL head coaching candidates, especially if the Amerks have another deep playoff run.

It's the first time I've seen three Amerks in person and I thought they look pretty sharp. And Appert talks a lot to the players in game. (Unfortunately the glass doesn't allow you to hear anything.)

Amerks have no time to rest as they play the Bridgeport Islanders at 3pm today.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Wow, what a blast from the past. Hofford said when he came here, Schoenfeld was the HC and John Van Boxmeer was the asst. Talk about the good ol days. 

Also said he had his first garbage plate after a game at about 2 a.m. Then said he paid for it the next day at practice. Now Nick's closes at 9 p.m. for safety reasons, lol. 

30 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

They just they're going to interview Jim Hofford during intermission. Said before the Amerks he never heard of Rochester. He's never left, makes it his home, lol. 

My father in law is good buds with Jim.  I also worked with him back in the malls in the 90s.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

My father in law is good buds with Jim.  I also worked with him back in the malls in the 90s.  

When I worked for UPS back in the day, I used to deliver to his house in Penfield. Not sure if he still lives there, but he was a good dude. Funny bastard. 

Levi needs to play every single minute of Amerks games til their season ends. Tokarski had a 4-0 lead. Now 4-4 against one of the worst teams in the league. He let's in two weak ass goals off faceoffs. Bum.

Edited by Claude Balls

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Levi needs to play every single minute of Amerks games til their season ends. Tokarski had a 4-0 lead. Now 4-4 against one of the worst teams in the league. He let's in two weak ass goals off faceoffs. Bum.

They need one more point to make the playoffs.  I think they will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, inkman said:

They need one more point to make the playoffs.  I think they will be fine. 

The new goal is to avoid the play-in round. Then win the division. Thank goodness we have this team. The Sabres are cooked, but I’m not ready to give up hockey yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, K-9 said:

Nice

Levi is a puck eating machine lately. 33/35 tonight for another solid .942 save percentage. 

He leads the AHL in save percentage at .929

Well at least the Amerks are in the playoffs...although they tried hard not to clinch today giving up a 4-0 early 2nd period lead to win 5-4 in a shootout.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Halfway through they just hit a brick wall and had nothing left. Fortunate to get the win even though it was a bogus skills competition one.

They played a game 18 hours ago in Providence. A very short back-to-back.

• Agree 1

On 4/7/2024 at 1:18 PM, Claude Balls said:

I think Appert would be a big upgrade from Granato. I mean, it would be hard to get any worse, unless they brought back Ralph. 

Currently the Amerks have given up 10 more goals then they have scored this year.  In addition, they  only have like 7 guys (40 games or more) that are on the "*" side of the fence.

He would not be my choice.  Need "fresh" set of eyes.