Sabres Prospect Updates 23-24

LabattBlue

31 minutes ago, French Collection said:

First game of the Memorial Cup tonight. Matt Savoie and the Moose Jaw Warriors take on host Saginaw Spirit and 1st round prospect Zayne Parekh.

I know it is on TSN in Canada at 7:30.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/2024-memorial-cup-how-to-watch-schedule-and-results-matt-savoie-vsevolod-komarov

This article says all games will be on the NHL Network for those outside of Canada 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sabres73 said:

Savoie with a good chance from the slot in the opening minutes.

Looking forward to seeing a couple of our highly-touted prospects perform over the next week for the Memorial Cup!

He’s taking key draws on the PP.
He made a bad pass to the point on the PP. I think the jitters will be gone after the first period and they should play more freely.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Entertaining game to watch, Savoie was one of the best players on the ice, as he should be. Moose Jaw already has a must win game coming up, things move fast in this tourney.

Savoie was good.

I think this is one of the best tournaments there is. 3 league champions that have never played each other. One loss and you are in trouble.

Our boy Savoie #93 on now. NHL Network. Memorial Cup playoffs. London vs Moose Jaw.

Edited by Believer

Moose Jaw loses 5-4 to London. Warriors(Savoie) and Drummondville(Komarov) are both 0-2 so tomorrow’s game decides who will move on.

London and Saginaw, both 2-0, face off Wednesday to decide who finishes first and gets a bye to the final.

Edited by French Collection

I believe the deadline is June 1 for signing or losing the rights to 2022 4th-rounder Mats Lindgren.

Kid’s a great skater but doesnt have size, or create or defend that well and doesn’t seem to have progressed much from the day he was drafted. 

Sabres already will have Komarov, Novikov and possibly Johnson in Rochester next year.

They signed all the other guys they had to (non-Euro and NCAA) months ago.

They’ve hyped the kid on social media in the past, but the clock is tIcking. Im kinda thinking they may let him go back in.

Jakob Konecny and Albert Lyckasen - Euro 7th rounders from 2020 - are 2 others whose rights are expiring.

Neither has done much in Europe and Id be very surprised if either is signed.

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

I believe the deadline is June 1 for signing or losing the rights to 2022 4th-rounder Mats Lindgren.

Kid’s a great skater but doesnt have size, or create or defend that well and doesn’t seem to have progressed much from the day he was drafted. 

Sabres already will have Komarov, Novikov and possibly Johnson in Rochester next year.

They signed all the other guys they had to (non-Euro and NCAA) months ago.

They’ve hyped the kid on social media in the past, but the clock is tIcking. Im kinda thinking they may let him go back in.

Tough call.

You don’t want him turning into the D version of Brandon Hagel but you are right about his progression. His best offensive season was his pre draft year. There was also some issue that caused him to leave Kamloops, which seems like a good organization.

The only way I would sign him is if he has improved defensively, because his scoring has dropped. 
If Johnson is on Buffalo’s top 7 then there could be a spot for him in Rochester.

I would lean no from what I know now. Strbak and McCarthy are in the pipeline too.

Savoie with 2 assists in the third to keep Moose Jaw’s season going. 5-3 win.

The first assist was a shorthanded rush where he drew 2 defenders to him and the trailer banged one home.

20 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Savoie might have an injury; he was randomly moved to wing and seems to have fewer minutes since the 1st game of the Memorial Cup. Most telling is his lack of production and face offs attempted

He also got hurt on his first shift in this game, going hard into the boards after losing his balance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Komarov got kicked out for nailing Savoie after the empty net goal.

I love Komarov’s compete. Kid is a warrior.

PLEASE make Novikov-Komarov a thing in Rochester next season.

And with his next act as a hockey player, Savoie will be his teammate.  That's kind of funny.

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, shrader said:

And with his next act as a hockey player, Savoie will be his teammate.  That's kind of funny.

Ehh, Craig "Newknee" Muni and Donald Audette ended up teammates for a while courtesy of Muckler's "All your Eulers are belong to us" spree before the Knox Bros directed him to become financially responsible.  First day of training camp must've been pretty awkward as Donal' was one of the guys that needed a new knee after getting cheap shotted by Craig.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ehh, Craig "Newknee" Muni and Donald Audette ended up teammates for a while courtesy of Muckler's "All your Eulers are belong to us" spree before the Knox Bros directed him to become financially responsible.  First day of training camp must've been pretty awkward as Donal' was one of the guys that needed a new knee after getting cheap shotted by Craig.

Wasn't it two knees? Two separate incidents?  I thought he did it twice to him, if I remember right