Vintage Sabres Jacket

rickshaw

38 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Alrighty folks, with the new season upon us, and this team seemingly about to become a perennial powerhouse (hopefully) I am dusting off my vintage, very rare Sabres jacket. 

I’ve never seen this anywhere before, it’s that rare. I was on vacation in ‘91 visiting my Nan in England and saw this in a North American sports store in a mall outside London. I was just 25 years old and couldn’t believe my eyes. England!!!

I haven’t worn it for years but I think it’s time to start wearing it again. Hope you like it. Awesome detail, NHL buttons, Prince of Wales patch. I love it!

image0.jpeg

IMG_5128.jpeg

Don't know what Ted Black was thinking with the Turdburger.  If he really wanted a lot of gold on 1 side and a lot of blue on the other, he could've had the designers work off this concept.  Significantly different than the primary sweaters of the time and yet pretty sharp in its own unique way.  Take the gold pocket edges off the front, put the SABRES from the back over the smallish logo on the front, put the numbers where the logo on the back is and put arm numbers under the 2 arm patches and you've got a winner. 

Can keep the button effect on the front without actual buttons there.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I hate skinny people  eat whatever they want and they stay the same I wanna punch them in the face.

Yeah i'm jealous 

I wish. I may not have gotten heavier but I gotta watch what I eat. Cholesterol is a biatch. I’ve aways been active and the most I’ve fluctuated in weight is 10 lbs either side. Both were not good changes. So I just gotta keep maintaining the best I can. But the days of eating what I want are long gone. It sucks.

8 minutes ago, Quint said:

Anyone remember the Sabrejak? I had one a long time ago. We knew the owner of the company, Bojax. Now it's worth about $200.

http://blog.buffalostories.com/the-golden-age-of-buffalos-great-retailers/

sabrejak.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Quite the coup by Penney's to be the sole supplier.  It seemed every kid playing organized hockey and most of their parents wore one back in the day.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.