Time for Ruff to remind the guys about

Knightrider

I actually think he won't have to do too much of that. Right now, there is no room to relax, because they are taking a physical beating. Win three and four, and rest up and get healthy for the next series. Lose one or both, and I think the winning team of this series emerges a little too battered go all the way.

Each game should be taken as it is Game 7 and there is no tommorrow...

Amen to that. The Sabres have placed the noose around the Senators necks and they are starting to tighten it. FINISH THEM IN GAMES 3 & 4 and don't give them any hope.

Maybe he should remind them of the Habs-Hurricanes series, too. NO nights off.

With all due respect to the Canadiens, the gap between the Sens and Sabres is much narrower than the gap between the Habs and the Canes.

The Sabres only finished 3 points behind Ottawa, and that difference was really due to the two teams' play in October and November, not during January through April.

Even with that said, the Sens could still pull out game 3, much in the way that Philly won game 4. Pound the Sabres down low and have Emery come up big when the Sabres break out (because they will). Esche stopped 5 odd-man rushes in game 4, including a penalty shot. Can Emery do the same?

It'll be interesting to see if Ruff will open up the forecheck a bit more, especially early in the game, riding the emotion of the crowd.

Ottawa is going to come out playing for their lives on Wed. We will need to match their intensity, which I think we will. Assuming roughly equal levels of effort, the game will again come down to goaltending. If Miller stays in the zone, we will win.

Ottawa is going to come out playing for their lives on Wed. We will need to match their intensity, which I think we will. Assuming roughly equal levels of effort, the game will again come down to goaltending. If Miller stays in the zone, we will win.

The Sabres need to beat the life out of the Sens on Wednesday. Punish them. The Sens have never been challenged all season and they are coming unglued because a team won't lay down in awe of them.

PTR

I don't think Emery will come up big cause he has no one to worry about coming in to replace him. Hasek won't play, and Morrisson couldn't win with the oilers in the west, he is the only hope they have. Philly had 2 decent goalies who could start for them and you would not see much of a drop off.

Archived