GDT: Sabres @ Pens- September 28, 2023 - 7:00PM, Sabres.com📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I didn’t see much of the prospect camp but have watched all the preseason games so far. I have a much better idea why everyone likes Rosen, Kulich, and Benson and Biro is starting to grow on me. 

I won’t complain if Benson takes Quinn’s spot until he comes back. 

Yes, these are the top forwards, plus Savoie who is injured for now. He was looking good too.  

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He was a 4th liner at Minnesota and that will be his destiny in Buffalo, but we need a few prospects to make it for that to happen.  

He was not a 4th liner in Minnesota.

He was a regular on perhaps the best 3rd line in the NHL with Foligno and Erikson Ek and averaged a shade under 40 points per 82 games the 3 seasons prior to last year.

I don't get why people keep saying this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He was not a 4th liner in Minnesota.

He was a regular on perhaps the best 3rd line in the NHL with Foligno and Erikson Ek and averaged a shade under 40 points per 82 games the 3 seasons prior to last year.

I don't get why people keep saying this.

I think you are referring to two seasons ago. Last year he was dropped off of that line quite a bit. 

• Agree 1

Can the Sabres do anything on the PP when the final TV timeout of the night is over?  Didn't pay attention to who we had out there on the earlier one.  Thompson, Mittelstadt, Benson, Peterka, and Johnson?

Thompson, Benson, Clague, Greenway, and believe Peterka. Kulich.

Edited by Taro T

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I think you are referring to two seasons ago. Last year he was dropped off of that line quite a bit. 

Definitely true. He had a terrible season last year.

I don't think that should be how we define him, not with the rest of his body of work.

He's a responsible defensive forward with a ton of size and enough offence that he can be the defensive conscience of a middle 6 line.

I've been saying Mike Grier since we acquired him.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Definitely true. He had a terrible season last year.

I don't think that should be how we define him, not with the rest of his body of work.

He's a responsible defensive forward with a ton of size and enough offence that he can be the defensive conscience of a middle 6 line.

I've been saying Mike Grier since we acquired him.

I hope you are right. Not seeing it yet. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Can the Sabres do anything on the PP when the final TV timeout of the night is over?  Didn't pay attention to who we had out there on the earlier one.  Thompson, Mittelstadt, Benson, Peterka, and Johnson?

Thompson, Benson, Clague, Greenway, and believe Peterka. Kulich.

As I hope to never see Bryson play another regular season game for the Sabres, I hope to never see Clague and Greenway on the Power play.

Btw, if there's any market at all for UPL, Adams should trade him.  3 goalies on an NHL roster is idiotic 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.