Rochester Jr. Amerks newest expansion team in the NAHL

Claude Balls

This is great news for local Rochester area hockey players. They no longer have to leave the area to play junior hockey. The Jr. Amerks are the newest expansion team to join the oldest, and largest US developmental league. They will be playing their home games in Fairport at the newly expanded and renovated Rochester Ice Center. 

• Like (+1) 4

I know the NAHL is a step below the USHL, but still a great recruiting base for NCAA teams.  How does it compare to OJHL that the Jr. Sabres play in?  I'm also curious if the Jr. Sabres and Jr. Amerks will add each other to their schedule despite being in different leagues.  I know in the past the Jr. Sabres have had non-league games on their schedule.

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I know the NAHL is a step below the USHL, but still a great recruiting base for NCAA teams.  How does it compare to OJHL that the Jr. Sabres play in?  I'm also curious if the Jr. Sabres and Jr. Amerks will add each other to their schedule despite being in different leagues.  I know in the past the Jr. Sabres have had non-league games on their schedule.

I have watched some OJHL games. I think it is between the USHL an NAHL. I don’t know if it has produced as many NCAA recruits as the NAHL because it is mainly Canadian players. 
The “OJ” is also a popular league for guys still trying to get into the OHL, so it is not as much of a stepping stone to the NCAA as the BCHL and AJHL.

34 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I have watched some OJHL games. I think it is between the USHL an NAHL. I don’t know if it has produced as many NCAA recruits as the NAHL because it is mainly Canadian players. 
The “OJ” is also a popular league for guys still trying to get into the OHL, so it is not as much of a stepping stone to the NCAA as the BCHL and AJHL.

Googled and found this: https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/rating-the-junior-hockey-leagues-2022-edition-top-twenty-leagues-at-all-levels/
1. USHL

2. Ontario 

3. Western

4. Quebec

5. NAHL

So maybe some of the guys are committed to D1 and others working on it?  I see Gionta's son is on the Rochester roster.

13 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Googled and found this: https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/rating-the-junior-hockey-leagues-2022-edition-top-twenty-leagues-at-all-levels/
1. USHL

2. Ontario 

3. Western

4. Quebec

5. NAHL

So maybe some of the guys are committed to D1 and others working on it?  I see Gionta's son is on the Rochester roster.

This is a post Covid ranking so some leagues didn’t even play or had a limited schedule. The USHL had a few top CHL guys like Savoie play there during Covid.

I think the USHL has closed the gap with the CHL. Those 4 leagues (OHL, WHL, USHL and QMJHL) are all doing a good job of developing NHL talent.
The Q is weakest at pumping out NHL prospects but has won more than its fair share of Memorial Cups lately.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just realized the New Hampshire Mountain Kings play in my local rink: Tri-Town Arena. So the Jr. Amerks will be here twice this season.

Whereabouts is that? My 3 daughters live in Nashua so I'm there from time to time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.