Prospect pool, summer 2023

dudacek

54 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think Novikov, Johnson And Metsa are going to be really fun to watch on that Amerks backend this season. And I think Metsa signs an NHL deal real quick. Add Nicholas Savoie and that’s 4 prospect dmen that will be playing roles on the Amerks.

They really have turned the Amerks into a true development team.

And Appert has been so impressive with the way he interacts with the media and knowledge of his players. They all speak about their interactions with him during the season. Guy will be an NHL coach down the line.

Amerks are so deep on the blueline. It will be interesting to see which of the kids get pushed out and which will push past the vets to become lineup fixtures.

• Prow 30, 7 pro seasons, 4 NHL games
  • Cecconi 26, 4 pro seasons, 0 NHL games
  • Davies 26, 4 pro seasons, 23 NHL games
  • Clague 25, 5 pro seasons, 91 NHL games
  • Metsa 24, rookie
  • Jandric 24, rookie
  • Johnson 22, rookie
  • Savoie  21, rookie
  • Novikov 20, rookie
Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Amerks are so deep on the blueline. It will be interesting to see which of the kids get pushed out and which will push past the vets to become lineup fixtures.

• Clague 25, 5 pro seasons, 21 NHL games
  • Metsa 24, rookie
  • Jandric 24, rookie
  • Johnson 22, rookie
  • Savoie  21, rookie
  • Novikov 20, rookie

Only Prow has played more than 320 Pro games and is therefore the only non-developmental player on the roster.  Clague, Davies, and Cecconi are all under 260 pro games and are still considered developmental players by AHL rules.  This gives Appert and the Amerks staff great flexibility in fielding a game-day roster (AHL teams must field at least 13 developmental skaters every game).  

Johnson and Novikov are the top prospects and will likely be in the lineup nightly.  I also think management really likes Metsa.  I can also see him playing nightly.  After that, who knows.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/zach-metsa-hopes-to-turn-playing-for-amerks-into-nhl-contract

I can see him becoming the Sabres Matt Grzelyck , small Dman who works his way into the lineup then you can’t take him out because he doesn’t make mistakes. That’s what happened with the Amerks in the playoffs last year and I can see it happening with the Sabres in another year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/sabres/zach-metsa-hopes-to-turn-playing-for-amerks-into-nhl-contract

I can see him becoming the Sabres Matt Grzelyck , small Dman who works his way into the lineup then you can’t take him out because he doesn’t make mistakes. That’s what happened with the Amerks in the playoffs last year and I can see it happening with the Sabres in another year.

I compared his potential path to Connor Clifton’s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

• Clague 25, 5 pro seasons, 91 NHL games
  • Metsa 24, rookie
  • Jandric 24, rookie
  • Johnson 22, rookie
  • Savoie  21, rookie
  • Novikov 20, rookie

Where is Bryson? 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.