A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I haven’t done them very long, maybe 2 weeks. This was by far the easiest one I’ve seen. 

How?  Dallas doesn't have any Cup winners.  Just Cup awardees.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who did people pick for the Sabres on the grid.  I went the more obscure.  I did Joe Juneau (Bos), Stu Barnes (Dal) and Brent Peterson (Det).  I probably should have gone Reed Larson for the Buf/Dal one.

Plante (Dal), Paille (Bos), Gare (Det).  5%, 2%, 2%.

Edited by Eleven

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who did people pick for the Sabres on the grid.  I went the more obscure.  I did Joe Juneau (Bos), Stu Barnes (Dal) and Brent Peterson (Det).  I probably should have gone Reed Larson for the Buf/Dal one.

Wasn't Reed Larson on Detroit?

40 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Paille, Barnes, Hasek

I've been playing the immaculate grid with a twist.  For the guys who played for teams x&y, I'm also looking for a guy who also played for the Sabres.  For example today's puzzle has a slot for a player who played for CBJ and CGY.  I put in Jordan Leopold who played for those franchises plus the Sabres.  In an odd way, it makes the puzzles easier as you start with the limiting factor of guys who played for the Sabres.  

I'm doing the same for the baseball one with current and former Braves.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I've been playing the immaculate grid with a twist.  For the guys who played for teams x&y, I'm also looking for a guy who also played for the Sabres.  For example today's puzzle has a slot for a player who played for CBJ and CGY.  I put in Jordan Leopold who played for those franchises plus the Sabres.  In an odd way, it makes the puzzles easier as you start with the limiting factor of guys who played for the Sabres.  

I'm doing the same for the baseball one with current and former Braves.

If you’re looking for Buffalo connections, Lee Stempniak would have worked for every single St Louis entry today. 

What forward did the Sabres select with the eighth overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft?

On August 7, 1992 The Sabres traded Stephane Beauregard and a fourth round draft pick to the Blackhawks for what goaltender?

Who replaced Rick Dudley as coach of the Sabres in the 1991 1992 season?

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

What forward did the Sabres select with the eighth overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft?

On August 7, 1992 The Sabres traded Stephane Beauregard and a fourth round draft pick to the Blackhawks for what goaltender?

Who replaced Rick Dudley as coach of the Sabres in the 1991 1992 season?

I think the first one is Casey Mittlestadt.

The last two are Dominik Hasek and John Muckler.

17 hours ago, Zamboni said:

What number did Mogilny wear?

What forward scored a career high 40 goals for the Sabres in 1998-1999 season?

Who replaced Mike Foligno as captain of the Sabres during the 1990-1991 season?

I think 89, Satan, and Mike Ramsey respectively.

Saw this on the Athletic and thought it was a fun exercise.  Put together a 6-player unit for the Sabres with 1C, 2W, 2D, and 1G whose jersey numbers equal exactly 100.   You can use any jersey the player wore as a Sabre.  For example Schoenfeld wore 6 and 13 during his time in Buffalo.  You can use either number.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.