Sabres place Rasmus Dahlin on IR

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's "weather," and you're the person who complained the most when the Sabres DID acquire a defenseman.

Unfortunately the guy they got was a below replacement level player whose trade shocked Canucks fans unable to comprehend why any sane organization would want the guy for free much less give up any type of asset for him.

Edited by sabremike

17 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What if KA is really trying to tank the team to get one more good lottery pick for his rebuild?

Here is the thought process.  

1) He knows even with a healthy team, Bos or Carolina would dispatch the Sabres quickly in the 1st rd.

2) He also knows the extent of Tuch and Dahlin's injuries and if both are out for weeks to come, it would significantly diminish the likelihood of the Sabres even making the playoffs.

3) He also knows that any pickup at the deadline that would replace Tuch and Dahlin would possibly decimate his pipeline and possibly his cap structure.

4) He knows that the remaining schedule is a beast

5) Therefore better to tank the team, give the kids max PT, and get the best lottery pick possible to give us more assets in the summer to use to fix problems or more draft capital to fix our lack of D in the pipeline.

And it gives him and the team the perfect excuse for why they missed.

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The contracts aren't really staggered either. We're spending next to nothing at the moment, and although we have a good lower pricetag on Thompson, all these prospects around the same age, if they are any good, they'll want to be paid around the same time and there won't be enough money to do that. Any team with a ton of high end talent (and high price) has to have a cheap bottom end. the luxury we have with all the rookie contracts won't last long. 

Well, yes, the Quinn and Peterka deals will come up at the same time and Power and Krebs come up at the same time or 1 year earlier, but there is a really good chance that they will have 3 years worth of Savoie, Kulich, and Östlund on ELC's AFTER this coming season.  This year's 1st (provided Adams keeps it) will also be on an ELC at least as long as those other 3.

They'll effectively only get 1 ELC year out of Johnson and Levi as well, but both will be under team control for a long time.

There is plenty of stagger to the contracts.  But as of next off-season, Adams will have to start moving out some talent he'd rather keep to make everything work.  (But every team that is actually competing has that issue.)

• Agree 1

Just now, Brawndo said:

He’s paired with Clague, leading me to believe he’s out tomorrow as well 😑

True but my take is he’s likely back Monday based on this. I wonder if that’s mistaken? 

I had him as a big questionable for that so to me this upgrades it to probable 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He’s paired with Clague, leading me to believe he’s out tomorrow as well 😑

Interesting that Stillman is paired with Samuelsson again.  Expecting that Dahlin will go back to playing with him when he's healthy.  So wonder who Stillman pairs up with after Rasmus is back?

Just now, Taro T said:

Interesting that Stillman is paired with Samuelsson again.  Expecting that Dahlin will go back to playing with him when he's healthy.  So wonder who Stillman pairs up with after Rasmus is back?

My guess is Boosh with Bryson being the man in the box.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What do you think, don’t you think practicing today makes Dahlin likely for Monday? 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

The thing is, it probably doesn’t matter who you pair Dahlin with. Dahlin will be Dahlin. You pair Muel with Stillman, you have a shutdown pair that is physical. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.