GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs, 11/19/22, MSG 📺 WGR 📻, 7pm

LGR4GM

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Huh? What are you talking about?

I'm borderline convinced you're a troll because I don't think I've seen you post anything but sarcastic disdain for basically anything the Sabres do. If they make you so miserable why even be a fan?

If they don't make you miserable sometimes (most times) I don't think you are a fan 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I know most NHL coaches do it but it’s always sounded completely moronic to my ear.

It's because you're not a Hockey Guy™.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm borderline convinced you're a troll because I don't think I've seen you post anything but sarcastic disdain for basically anything the Sabres do. If they make you so miserable why even be a fan?

Eh.  You just gotta read his posts right.

Or not at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You dont think Dahlin will go the  Reinhart way if things dont turn around?

I do theres no way he stays if this is how things are going.

Edited by Buffalonill

8 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

You do realize the Sabres probably can’t afford Trotz at his going rate let alone “making him the highest paid coach”. They are still paying several GM’s & coaches. That is why Adams has been running this team on the cheap

dig another well. 

idk, the question of "afford" is a hard one to answer with a rich owner. He can afford to do anything. He might not want to. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

dig another well. 

idk, the question of "afford" is a hard one to answer with a rich owner. He can afford to do anything. He might not want to. 

Most rich people know that you don’t continue to finance a losing investment with money from your profitable ventures. The old saying “throwing good money after bad”

the investment will have to fund itself And the Sabres organization is not making money. There is a reason why they fired most of their staff during the pandemic, firing Botterill and hiring Adams, Adams paying league minimum to a bunch of players. I know this is all antidotal but I’m pretty confident that Adams was given a shoestring budget. Thats why he’s all in on developing the youth in the NHL and not in Rochester. 

Edited by Sidc3000

Just now, Buffalonill said:

And that means hes not a star player because hes having a rough start ? 

No but he wasn't all that great. I was bummed when we lost him too but I think he's more of a "put numbers up on a bad team" type of guy. After Jack was injured is was just...him. Someone has to score goals and he was that guy 

Side note he is off to a brutal start tho must of been playing with Hubredeau last year 

5 hours ago, Toilet_Mop said:

No but he wasn't all that great. I was bummed when we lost him too but I think he's more of a "put numbers up on a bad team" type of guy. After Jack was injured is was just...him. Someone has to score goals and he was that guy 

Side note he is off to a brutal start tho must of been playing with Hubredeau last year 

yeah-ok.gif

6 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Most rich people know that you don’t continue to finance a losing investment with money from your profitable ventures. The old saying “throwing good money after bad”

the investment will have to fund itself And the Sabres organization is not making money. There is a reason why they fired most of their staff during the pandemic, firing Botterill and hiring Adams, Adams paying league minimum to a bunch of players. I know this is all antidotal but I’m pretty confident that Adams was given a shoestring budget. Thats why he’s all in on developing the youth in the NHL and not in Rochester. 

There's a presumption there however that it's viewed as an investment or a business and not as a big toy for a rich guy to play with. Maybe it is, or maybe it's become that, but I don't think that was why he bought it. 

Seems to me cost cutting in a sports franchise as a modus operandi is a losing feedback loop that just makes things worse and worse. Any owner who doesn't want to spend on a team likely should sell that team. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Antidoltal? I know you mean anecdotal, but we sure could use an antidote to this bullshizz.

Anyway, at this point, though, wouldn’t money spent now be more in the line of venture capital? This team is nothing. They need to create an entire generation of fans that they have lost.

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Antidoltal? I know you mean anecdotal, but we sure could use an antidote to this bullshizz.

Anyway, at this point, though, wouldn’t money spent now be more in the line of venture capital? This team is nothing. They need to create an entire generation of fans that they have lost.

Yeah autocorrect and my brain skipping words when I reread it. 

I’m not a finance person So I don’t know if they would consider it venture capital. It’s not like this is a new team just starting out. Its more of a major corporation going through a massive restructuring to cut costs. 

19 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Yeah autocorrect and my brain skipping words when I reread it. 

I’m not a finance person So I don’t know if they would consider it venture capital. It’s not like this is a new team just starting out. Its more of a major corporation going through a massive restructuring to cut costs. 

I was just making a joke.

I’m not a finance guy either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.