GDT: Sabres @ Maple Leafs, 11/19/22, MSG 📺 WGR 📻, 7pm

LGR4GM

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Just stick a sock in it; no one needs your endless negative banter. You never say much when they win but when they lose you arise from your hole and spout nonsense. 

There’s a healthy number of posters that do this. He’s not alone. 

I’m pretty mad we lost. I’ll get over it in about 10 mins.

Just now, SwampD said:

You sure?

I am… You aren’t, perhaps… I say Adams needs to rid the roster of a couple players who only know losing in Buffalo… and Granato needs to emphasize winning by keeping his lines and pairings together for more than a week and putting his best players on the ice each night… regardless of his preferred rotations… until they start winning again… 

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Sheahan looked ok last time he was here, now he just looks slow and bad

2 years older.   He'll be 31 very soon.  (Didn't realize he was that old.  Would've been far less pleased w/ the signing knowing that.)

Jags don't usually fare well in their 30s.

6 minutes ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Where is Rick Dudley

Serves as a Senior Advisor to the Florida Panthers.  Some teams pay ex coaches and former execs for their knowledge,  opinions, ideas, and assessments. 

Sabres didn’t want him to run the team or in any type of Advisory role.  

Too headstrong is my guess?  

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

There’s a healthy number of posters that do this. He’s not alone. 

I’m pretty mad we lost. I’ll get over it in about 10 mins.

I’m not even mad. I have a larger life - like to have fun here & vent w you all! Gone when I leave chat. 

Take nothing I post too seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s officially in “rebuild not quite going to plan” territory now, I’d say. 

Doesn’t mean that ship can’t be righted in season. 

We’ll see if we have the will to do so, or if Pegula, Adams and his analytical team, and the players would rather just roll over and die. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

At the start of the season I said I would roll with the losses and enjoy the wins knowing this is likely another year of development but DAMN its hard not being pissed about a streak like this. S’pose its because of the way the team is currently constructed. Not having guys that will block the kids etc. The imbalance of youth and guys that could help. The lack of depth on D. The lack of capable tenders. The lack of grit. As we can see talent means squat if every other metric is lacking. Soooo I’ll try to give the losing a pass and wait for a win. What else can ya do?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.