GDT - Sabres @ Senators - Nov. 16, 2022 - 19:00 (EST) - MSG, TVAS, SN and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Get that it's a development year again, but on a 6 game losing streak, in a 1 goal game, why isn't the bench shortened especially w/ Girgensons down.  How difficult would it be to nail Krebs & Bjork to the bench while ut's a 1 goal game?

You have to get A W before anybody is going to be doing ANY developing.

Bjork was out in the last 2 minutes.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because its always the same even though the names change

Hire a cheap Coach/GM with little to no experience in the position and let them play the slow development game to build a 'Dynasty'......

The last coach with a nhl head coaching resume was Bylsma, and he built his off a team that was carried on the backs of Crosby, Malkin and a bunch of other big stars.

Oddly enough Bylsma got us the best record over the past 12 years 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It’s different this time.

I'm honestly a bit shocked they dropped this far, this quick, this hard. Jeff Marek was comparing them to Colorado like 2 weeks ago.

For myself, for everyone here, there needs to be an automatic autocorrect for anyone touting a strong finish. There just isn't a correlation to games won once eliminated and the start the following year. 

There just isn't. 

screw you, @PASabreFan I blame you, exclusively 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

Honestly, all joking aside, the words out about this group, high pressure and they collapse, it's been this way for years. The teams roster structure needs to change, we need vets, some with snarl. As I watched the game tonight, it was like watching a game from 5 games ago, pressure the Sabres and they make poor decisions, they execute with complete panic sloppiness.

Nothing has changed.

I don't believe my own sh*t half the time but I'm really, honestly, starting to think there's merit to my theory that until the team says, "eff it, our goal is to win, that's it, whatever it takes, take care of the rest later", they won't. They need an EKG after the willingly low expectations that have been set, year after year. 

We've heard of self-fulfilling prophecies, right? Those are actually things people talk about for a reason. 

If "winning isn't the goal, anyways", wins won't come. 

The covid shortened, disaster 2021 season with Taylor Hall doesn't represent a good faith sample size of "going for it". It's certainly much smaller than the sample size of "development years" that have lead to zilch. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 2

As was mentioned earlier the Sabres passing was poor and they tried too many low percentage passes that were "cute". They need crisp, accurate passes that make the other team work their ***** off and tires them out on their shifts. When they make it too easy for the other team to get control of the puck they are the ones getting tired out doing all of the chasing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Honestly, all joking aside, the words out about this group, high pressure and they collapse, it's been this way for years. The teams roster structure needs to change, we need vets, some with snarl. As I watched the game tonight, it was like watching a game from 5 games ago, pressure the Sabres and they make poor decisions, they execute with complete panic sloppiness.

Nothing has changed.

I think it's the mindset they are being infused with. 

See: ROR

Comes from the top down. I know we say "it's different", but there's a common denominator that's been there since the beginning of this putrid stretch. again, screw you, @PASabreFan

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Nothing has changed.

We are a bunch of 98 pound weaklings, until we get some balls we don’t win 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.