Are we looking at a Game 7?

Spandrel

For two teams that played well on the road all season, the home teams have dominated. Neither team has brought the intensity they played with at home on the road with them. I am starting to wonder if this forebodes a deciding Game 7?

Miller looked outstanding yesterday and the team skated hard, but this was at home. Will we see that effort on the road tomorrow night?

Holy moly, I don't see how the effort or intensity of either team can be questioned. These are the playoffs. No one is taking even a shift off. It can look that way, but there are other ways to explain it.

I wonder how much Philly has left in the tank. They delivered a lot of hits early in the series, and you wonder if that will take a toll now, plus the Sabres should have the fresher legs. If the Sabres play their best road game of the series, they should be fine. I expect to see the nervousness of Games 3 and 4 gone.

Still, this is nerve-wracking. It is, in the words of the Bulldog, awful.

the flyers really haven't hit as hard in the past 2 games. if they can somehow reverse that trend, i definitely think we will see a game 7. the sabres may not like to admit it, but they CAN be pushed around.

Hopefully we can pull off the road win in game 6. I think one of the big reasons that the home team has won every game is because of the advantage of getting the last change. Forsberg is a lot less effective when the Drury line is matched up against him.

Although I am starting to become slightly suspicious of the ice in Philly as well. Anyone else?

Maybe "intensity" isn't the right word, but it seems as if, in every home game, the home team has gone out and "wanted" it more and worked a little harder to get it. Forsberg was a force in Philly, but had only one shot in Game 5. There is definitely some home mojo going in this series, and you have to wonder if the Sabres can reverse that trend.

I can't help it, but part of me thinks that this series is coming back to Buffalo Thursday night and that the home teams are going to win all 7 games.

I thought the Sabres played ok in game 3. I didn't see games 1 or 4, but it sounds like the Sabres were at least in it for game 5 and the Flyers for game 1. The Flyers looked like crap in games 2 and 5 on the road. I know a lot of that is obvious, but I think if anyone is gonna win a road game, it'll be the Sabres. I just know the WackOff Center is gonna be rockin' tomorrow night for sure.

I see the sabres reversing trend tomorrow. They figured out yesterday how to go for the jugular, now the team will figure out how to finish them off. Philly has so much riding on tomorrow, and i'm sure lindy will tell the boys that tomorrow is game 7 for them. I just can't see them losing again after what we saw yesterday.

Of course, I'd love to see them send them packing but I feel like they might go to a Game 7. With Numinnen back, I hope they will play much better away from home. But Philly sounds like they get pumped up at home as much as we do.

In games 3 and 4 the Sabres were able to score, and really only lost by 1 in each (the 4-2 game was because of a late empty netter). In each of those losing games, Miller let in a, lets say, regretable shot. Had he stopped those, the Sabres either could have forced overtime and won with speed/passing or won in regulation.

If Miller can take his 2nd period performance from yesterday and stretch it out over an entire game, and the rest of the team stays at the level it has been playing at, the Sabres will win in Philly.

I think one of the big reasons that the home team has won every game is because of the advantage of getting the last change. Forsberg is a lot less effective when the Drury line is matched up against him.

I've been thinking the same thing. When we can match up the Forsberg line the way we want, that line's been a nonfactor.

Although I am starting to become slightly suspicious of the ice in Philly as well. Anyone else?

I agree, both teams look a lot sloppier in Phily and that definately hurts us more. With Bad ice we can't use our speed against them if we cant make as good of passes

Hopefully we can pull off the road win in game 6. I think one of the big reasons that the home team has won every game is because of the advantage of getting the last change. Forsberg is a lot less effective when the Drury line is matched up against him.

The change is huge. Also, although I had questions as to whether Filly would manage to have slush for a rink, I don't think surface conditions were as much of a factor as the final line change.

Lindy is a very good playoff coach, as is Captain Kangaroo. We really are getting to watch 2 masters at work. I think his superior talent, will enable him to beat CK's home ice advantages. I think PA may have been correct to an extent, in that the Sabres didn't fully understand how focused they needed to remain in Filly. Losing game 4 by being outplayed, should have that remedied.

I expect to see a very close game, but I don't expect to see the Sabres allow Filly to get a lead. This is that game where the kids grow up some.

We win if we shutdown Forsberg without the Drury line. If we don't, we lose. Simple as that I'd say.

Forsberg has still needed to bank his shots in off Buffalo skates - So far in this series, it has pretty much been "Take away the bounces, you take away Forsberg".

I've felt all along that we are the better team, and had the chance to win every game. That can't be said about the Flyers.

Games 3 n 4 were a learning experience for this team. Call it nerves, call it new environment, call it whatever, but we could/should have won one of those games.

I say lesson learned, and Sabs win it tonite.

THERE WILL NOT BE A GAME 7!!!!!

I have a bet going and I want my beer at game 3 or 4 of the next series, so no game 7, Buffalo wins tonight.

(A little background to this post - A friend bought a couple of tickets to game 7 and I am going with them. They all want to see a game 7 as they are not huge sabres fans, just hockey fans. I told them there will be no game 7 so I made a bet with one of them that if there is a game seven I have to buy wim a beer at the game, if there is no game 7, he buys me a beer at a game next round.)

Archived