I have an extra ticket to 4/15 Amerks game

inkman

• inkman changed the title to I have an extra ticket to 4/15 Amerks game
  • inkman locked and unlocked this topic

The Sabres really need to add a LOT more talent to the system.  Regardless of the injuries, we need Rochester to survive and thrive for Buffalo to be set up for long-term success.  This season is not acceptable for the Buffalo Sabres system.

24 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The Sabres really need to add a LOT more talent to the system.  Regardless of the injuries, we need Rochester to survive and thrive for Buffalo to be set up for long-term success.  This season is not acceptable for the Buffalo Sabres system.

I gotta disagree with this.

Dont get me wrong, I want the Amerks to win, but even more I want them to graduate good players to the Sabres.

To me, they’ve turned Mule into a bedrock defenceman, Krebs into an NHLer and Fitzy into a useful spare part this year.

And I suspect they’ve also prepped JJ, Quinn and UPL to do the same next year.

That’s a damn fine season, certainly the best they’ve had by that definition since Ennis/Foligno (that may have been Portland, but you get my point) and it has the potential to rival the lockout team for among the best of all-time.

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Amerks were loaded to start the season.  Injuries band call ups decimated this team.  They had beer leaguers in net for 2/3 season. 

Not to mention every defenseman they have is either completely offensive or a face puncher.  

Edited by inkman
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Amerks were loaded to start the season.  Injuries band call ups decimated this team.  They had beer leaguers in net for 2/3 season. 

Not to mention every defenseman they have is either completely offensive or a face puncher.  

They’ve been dealt a rough hand with injuries, but the real blow was the Fits/Mule call ups.

Without those two the back end just hasn’t been able to defend.

Losing Mule for them was like the ‘80s Sabres losing Mike Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.