Taro’s No Goal discussion

SDS

Many discussions.

Maybe SDS can shed some light on what he's after here.

After reams of arguing back and forth, and my evolving opinion, on the face of it, it was a simple call once you got to see the memo language. Which, for me, was 2009, thanks to Budd Bailey.

"An attacking player maintains control of the puck but skates into the crease before the puck enters the crease and shoots the puck into the net — goal is allowed."

Hull never maintained control (propelling the puck with the stick).

IMHO any understanding of the call starts with an objective description of exactly what happened.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m specifically asking for @Taro T full interpretation of it, including what Gregson and Lewis said after the game and if that is documented anywhere. Why he thinks on the Gregson and McCreary were only allowed to make the call on ice and why the video review upstairs was not allowed to do this.

I thought at some point he laid his entire argument out in full and not in bits and pieces.

40 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know it was revisited in this thread.

I'm sure there are others.

This is probably as close as I’m going to get. The only thing it doesn’t have are references to the comments that the referees made.

7 hours ago, SDS said:

I’m specifically asking for @Taro T full interpretation of it, including what Gregson and Lewis said after the game and if that is documented anywhere. Why he thinks on the Gregson and McCreary were only allowed to make the call on ice and why the video review upstairs was not allowed to do this.

I thought at some point he laid his entire argument out in full and not in bits and pieces.

Lewis' presser is on YouTube. It was an awful performance as he used possession and control interchangeably.

@SDShttps://torontosun.com/2014/11/12/referee-bill-mccreary-earned-his-stripes

There's a graf on No Goal. Gregson is credited with calling it a goal on the ice. It's reported that McCreary said he had doubts but the supervisor (Lewis) confirmed the goal. Of course people will continue to say the goal wasn't reviewed.

Taro has said the only role video replay should have played was to report Hull's skate position to the refs and then the refs should have said no goal.

8 hours ago, SDS said:

He'll be back after Easter.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.