GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Feb 19, 2022, 1pm, MSG / SN1, WGR.

Eleven

I guess with Eichel and Reinhart gone people need a whipping post. Dahlin ain’t your guy though. 

Normally it’d be Skinner, but Tuch and his leadership has fixed that sore spot. 

Thompson has turned out great. Mittelstadt has been injured a lot, but hasn’t played poorly when he has. Maybe you can ding Mittelstadt for a career of injuries?

Sucks not being able to blame character or lack of leadership of players anymore.  Maybe you’ll take that line of thinking and actually compliment Kevyn for getting us to this spot.

nah, Dahlin a sissy boy!

12 hours ago, jsb said:

Ralph Krueger was fired on March 17th of last year, anyone who hasn't seen the giant improvement in Dahlin's all around game since that moment either knows nothing about hockey or is just a hater. 

Since 12/14 approximately 2 months ago, he has 19 points in those 22 games. A 71 point pace in a full year. He's played over 24 minutes a game of TOI and he's 3rd on the team in hits for the season. His D partners this year are JAGS (Pysyk, Hagg, Miller, Butcher) 2 rookies (Samuelsson and Fitzgerald) and an undersized Dman in Bryson who also doesn't have a full season of games played (78) for his career and he's the reason this team isn't winning?? I don't know what to say anymore about blaming him.

I agree, his game has really improved. I thought he was still the same Dahlin as before up until the All-Star game. After that, he has taken off and seems like a brand new Dahlin to me. Not sure what happened at the All-Star break but he has really upped his game since then. Starting to round into the player that he was proposed to be and as he matures, may still only get better. Here's hoping!

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

I guess with Eichel and Reinhart gone people need a whipping post. Dahlin ain’t your guy though. 

Normally it’d be Skinner, but Tuch and his leadership has fixed that sore spot. 

Thompson has turned out great. Mittelstadt has been injured a lot, but hasn’t played poorly when he has. Maybe you can ding Mittelstadt for a career of injuries?

Sucks not being able to blame character or lack of leadership of players anymore.  Maybe you’ll take that line of thinking and actually compliment Kevyn for getting us to this spot.

nah, Dahlin a sissy boy!

Well, the Sabres are 6th-last in the NHL, so there aren't many compliments to be given here.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, the Sabres are 6th-last in the NHL, so there aren't many compliments to be given here.

This with Eakin-Hayden-Bjork getting regular minutes. Not to mention our other JAGs on defense and in net.

Ship them all out next year and replace the with what we've got in the system and maybe a couple slightly better JAGs as filler and we might have something.

Edited by JoeSchmoe

9 hours ago, nucci said:

while I liked that hit, that was a penalty. Dahlin has been one of our best players lately. You can see him getting better. With some real goaltending this team could be close to playoff spot.

Didnt see a penalty, shoulder on shoulder as Bk touched the puck... just sayin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.