NHL Covid pause during the 21/22 season: Multiple Teams Impacted

LGR4GM

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Isn't their salary based on a per game amount?  If they shorten the season, they make less?

I think suspensions are based on a per game amount, but I don’t think paychecks are. I think the paychecks are based on a full season, minus the escrow percentage. If the NHL hast to cancel a bunch of games, I think it’s likely that the escrow amount will not be sufficient and that the players will have been overpaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone have a reasonable suggestion on how the NHL should proceed going forward?  I think Hoss posted some time back there was only one player in the entire league that was not vaccinated, but quite a few teams have had games canceled due to covid protocols. How do they finish the year without compromising player safety?

28 minutes ago, Hank said:

Anyone have a reasonable suggestion on how the NHL should proceed going forward?  I think Hoss posted some time back there was only one player in the entire league that was not vaccinated, but quite a few teams have had games canceled due to covid protocols. How do they finish the year without compromising player safety?

1. Bi-weekly testing for all players; Bertuzzi must test daily

2. Every player on COVID Reserve gives your team "1mil" in Short Term Cap Space (Can only be used on players making 1 mil or less)

3. Add Emergency Contract Slots, if a team hits their contract limit and gets COVID problems, they'd be allowed to temporarily go over the Contract Limit

4. Pseudo-Taxi Squads - All Teams can place 4 skater and 1 goalie making under 1.5 mil on a Team's Taxi Squad; players here would be immune from Waivers, can play for the AHL team still but can be accessed if needed

5. Besides that, teams should be smart and make their own general rules on how lax or draconic they want them. Obviously teams that get sick will be at a disadvantage but all teams would be in the same boat. Games can only be delayed in the event either both teams have 6 players on COVID Reserve or 1 team has 9 or more.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.