UTI @ Roch - 7:05 BCA - AHLTV

inkman

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

Mule plays a nice style of game.

He is much needed in Buffalo and he's ready for it.

I'm not sure it'll happen but he wouldn't be out of place. 

Nice goal and a nice assist - no junk points there. He’s never on the PP, yet he’s got 9 points in 11 games. He’s not this big lump some perceived him as, he can play.

But it’s the other end of the ice - I swoon every time he goes into the boards with someone, the other guy gets erased and he calmly moves the puck to safety. It’s not crash-bang or flashy, but it’s…like…inevitable.

He’s like the tide.

I know they’re both lefties, but the thought of him and Power together in front of Levi in a few years makes me feel safer than hot chocolate in front of the fire at Gramma’s.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Nice goal and a nice assist - no junk points there. He’s never on the PP, yet he’s got 9 points in 11 games. He’s not this big lump some perceived him as, he can play.

But it’s the other end of the ice - I swoon every time he goes into the boards with someone, the other guy gets erased and he calmly moves the puck to safety. It’s not crash-bang or flashy, but it’s…like…inevitable.

He’s like the tide.

I know they’re both lefties, but the thought of him and Power together in front of Levi in a few years makes me feel safer than hot chocolate in front of the fire at Gramma’s.

Great post.  We haven’t had a good shut down type D in Buffalo since….

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Great post.  We haven’t had a good shut down type D in Buffalo since….

Henrik Tallinder 

8 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Nice. The Amerks are now responsible for 2 of the Comets 3 losses on the season. Now, to get some AHL-level goalies back onto the squad.

Robson looks as good as any goalie I’ve seen play for the Amerks since Ullmark.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, French Collection said:

Kerbs’ shot looked good there. Three points for him tonight.

Not bad for a guy who's passing was off...

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

3 stars.

1. Krebs

2. Malone

3. Samuelsson

Wouldn't have given 1 to Krebs.  His passing seemed off most of the game. 

But he came through in the end.

35 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Not bad for a guy who's passing was off...

At least 1 of the 2 was a 2ndary assist that he had little to do with.  Not sure about the other 1.  Also, as mentioned it was his turnover that created 1 of the Comets rushes for a goal.

He had passes in skates & behind guys all over the ice.  Good thing is he was getting the puck, but he really didn't do much w/ it until the very end.  Cool that he had 3 points in an otherwise off game.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

At least 1 of the 2 was a 2ndary assist that he had little to do with.  Not sure about the other 1.  Also, as mentioned it was his turnover that created 1 of the Comets rushes for a goal.

He had passes in skates & behind guys all over the ice.  Good thing is he was getting the puck, but he really didn't do much w/ it until the very end.  Cool that he had 3 points in an otherwise off game.

The 1st assist was a short tapper back to Malone at our blueline on a give-and-go zone exit. Malone skated it up ice and set up Mule for the one-timer.

On the 2nd, he moved it back to Laaksonen at the point while under pressure on the PP. Laaksonen found Malone, who buried a backhand.

The goal was a nice one-timer, especially because he has not been burying those kinds of chances.

@Taro T is absolutely correct about the passes being off tonight. That's not usually a problem with him.

Where I thought he shone tonight was on his puck pressure. There was one shift in particular in the 3rd where he prevented three consecutive zone exits through anticipation, good hands and will. He knows where to go and is always moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

He’s like the tide.

I love his style of play and he absolutely fits on any blue line the Sabres form.

He has been pretty steady this season and that goal last night.

What a blast.

I predict he will quickly become a fan favorite when he's in Blue and Gold permanently. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Henrik Tallinder 

Robson looks as good as any goalie I’ve seen play for the Amerks since Ullmark.  

Hank!! Steady as a rock.

I agree. Robson was good last night and made some tough saves. Can he do it again?

Go Americans. I like watching these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

You can see the talent whenever he touches the puck.   He wants to turn on the jets every time.   He's gonna have to learn to manage the puck better tho, when to slow it down, take what's given instead of forcing the play. 

He's a work in progress imo. You can see the talent but it's not caught up with this level just yet. 

That's not to say he hasn't made plays but he has left some on the ice that I'd bet he wishes he had back. 

If he really puts it all together he's gonna have people on the edge of their seats most nights. 

Him and those...other guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.