Does Rasmus Dahlin need a change of scenery?

inkman

Does Rasmus Dahlin need a change of scenery?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think # 26 needs?

• A fresh start somewhere else without the pressure of being a first overall pick
    • Time to develop, he’s only 21.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:31 PM, Thorny said:

Staying on the Dahlin bandwagon has certainly paid off. 

Lesson learned from Reinhart, to be sure

Talent has a way of showing through. 

9 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Loved his game tonight. He stood out for all the right reasons. 

Idk if it was because the rest of the defense was atrocious or because actually played a great game but he stood out in good ways repeatedly. He was physical, he was clever, he was decisive. At one point he got the puck behind his net and the forechecker went to the right side and Dahlin stepped out from the left and did something very clever, he stepped into the lane the forechecker needed to pursue him so the guy would have to go through Dahlin to get the puck but Rasmus just accelerated away. No panic just calmly moved out of his zone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

Dahlin clearly has the coach he needs now.  Excited to watch him continue to develop.

He's got a ways to go but at least there are some signs he is still a capable top pairing guy. Now we just need to draft Nemec and there is your pairing for the next 15 years. 

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are there YouTube videos we can watch?

of Nemec? yes. Be warned though, Nemec is not flashy but more like a Lidstrom type (not saying this is who he will be) where he just is reliable and solid with some offensive flair. If we draft in that 3-6 range he is an option. David Jiricek is also an option. 

Nemec is #7 and this is from I believe this summers Getzky Hlinka

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Dahlin has been very impressive the past few games, skating 27:00+ minutes a night.

Pacing for a career-high 53 points, as well. He may end up leading the team in points. 

Technically his points per game year 2 was slightly higher, but given the dearth of talent on the current team, the minutes he's playing, etc, I'd say he's been significantly better. That team had the talent to pace for 81 points, current roster is pacing for 63. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Pacing for a career-high 53 points, as well. He may end up leading the team in points. 

Technically his points per game year 2 was slightly higher, but given the dearth of talent on the current team, the minutes he's playing, etc, I'd say he's been significantly better. That team had the talent to pace for 81 points, current roster is pacing for 63. 

Is it like Risto was though, where it was all PP points and simply a result of him being the only d man playing big minutes? I doubt it but when I see those numbers and similar team situations I wonder

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Is it like Risto was though, where it was all PP points and simply a result of him being the only d man playing big minutes? I doubt it but when I see those numbers and similar team situations I wonder

Maybe a little bit. Looking at the numbers, there isn't too too much of a discrepancy relative to the rest of the defenders in the league manning the top page of the D scoring leaders. About 63% of his points have been at evens, which is similar to other top D. He's tied for 14 in the league among D men for points, and tied for 24th in even strength points, so there isn't too much of a gap there. 

I think he's good enough that the minutes probably remain regardless, and with an improved team I think the raw scoring totals go way up, particularly on the PP. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

tell me you arent watching the games without saying "im not watching the games"

I mean I'll tell you I'm not watching them, it's not a secret. Seen probably 5. I know Dahlin is not Risto, and I watch the highlights and the discussions in here.

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

sorry, that was a bit rough....i see you were asking a question rather than making a statement.

Its nothing like Risto IMO.

The transition game is 10times what Risto's ever was at 5 on 5

Thanks, that's what it seemed like from the little I've seen/discussion in here.

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe a little bit. Looking at the numbers, there isn't too too much of a discrepancy relative to the rest of the defenders in the league manning the top page of the D scoring leaders. About 63% of his points have been at evens, which is similar to other top D. He's tied for 14 in the league among D men for points, and tied for 24th in even strength points, so there isn't too much of a gap there. 

I think he's good enough that the minutes probably remain regardless, and with an improved team I think the raw scoring totals go way up, particularly on the PP. 

Makes sense, appreciate the breakdown 👍

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.