Eichel says good things about fans and Buffalo

LGR4GM

Absolutely depressing. But in this age athletes are realizing this is a business and they won’t be a Matthew Stafford and waste a possible HOF career to be loyal to a dysfunctional organization. And unfortunately that is what we were under Jack’s time here. Hopefully this is an end to that era. 

Good luck Jack but I can’t wish a Cup for you until we are out of the ditch. 

To be honest I hope his surgery goes well, he gets a few years with Vegas, gets a Cup in a few years and then has to retire due to wear on his ADR being concerning. Then I never have to hate him as a Bruin and the Sabres’ concerns are vindicated. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Absolutely depressing. But in this age athletes are realizing this is a business and they won’t be a Matthew Stafford and waste a possible HOF career to be loyal to a dysfunctional organization. And unfortunately that is what we were under Jack’s time here. Hopefully this is an end to that era. 

Players have always known this is a business, perhaps better than anyone. Maybe players shouldn’t sign eight year extensions before realizing they’re just wasting their time. 

I'm sorry but these days these sort of things mean absolutely nothing. Almost every player does the same thing and most of it is directed and managed by their agents and their media people. 

So he didn't go off script and pull a d#ck move, that's great, but he has a reputation to rebuild too, and as mentioned earlier, he got what he wanted so of course he's happy. 

When his contract with Vegas is up and he goes to Boston we will see how the Vegas fans feel 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.