Casey Fitzgerald called back Up from Amerks

Brawndo

Cool.  Now they can leave him up for up to just about a month without having to get him through waivers again.

Nobody's looking to snag a borderline D-man at this point.  But should he look OK but need to go down when Samuelsson's healthy that won't absolutely be the case.  Good asset management taking a negligible adverse possibility and making it a non-existant adverse possibility.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Cool.  Now they can leave him up for up to just about a month without having to get him through waivers again.

Nobody's looking to snag a borderline D-man at this point.  But should he look OK but need to go down when Samuelsson's healthy that won't absolutely be the case.  Good asset management taking a negligible adverse possibility and making it a non-existant adverse possibility.

I thought Fitzgerald is still waiver exempt.  I thought he was just sent to Rochester.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure he’ll be sent down later today. They have too many players, and he has nowhere to play. 

6 minutes ago, Digger said:

I thought Fitzgerald is still waiver exempt.  I thought he was just sent to Rochester.

He was 21 when he signed and this is his 4th season as a pro.

IIRC, he was exempt from the Seattle draft because he didn't accrue a year of service his 1st 4 game stint w/ the Amerks, but those 4 games do count towards waiver eligibility.  Kind of screwy how for some things a handful of games count as a season but for others they don't.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He was 21 when he signed and this is his 4th season as a pro.

IIRC, he was exempt from the Seattle draft because he didn't accrue a year of service his 1st 4 game stint w/ the Amerks, but those 4 games do count towards waiver eligibility.  Kind of screwy how for some things a handful of games count as a season but for others they don't.

This is what I thought, but when I checked a few days ago CapFriendly had him as ineligible.

Hope they are right and we’re wrong, but as you say moot now.

Also, Casey Fitzgerald being here today is news no one expected.

He was sent down and played a preseason game for the RAs and is now back in Buffalo to take part in practice. Looks like the coaches have him as a  big club bubble player and are trying to get a good look at him before they announce their line up. Good on him working his tail off yesterday and having a good game and making a go of it.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He'll be back. Month or two down there getting lots of minutes and a lot more practice time he will be back better than ever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.