New Players--Start a Team Tradition

cny sabre

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

You can honestly tell me that based on his track record to date, that you are confident that he has the skills, leadership and the ability to make the right decisions to get this team back to the playoffs?

I'm certainly not as negative as you are about his chances. Because the most important part, right now, is changing the culture. I think Granato will do very well making that happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You can honestly tell me that based on his track record to date, that you are confident that he has the skills, leadership and the ability to make the right decisions to get this team back to the playoffs?

I'm more perplexed about your eternal optimism for young players that haven't shown much beyond flashes of occasional competence in 2 seasons but won't afford the GM the same.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm more perplexed about your eternal optimism for young players that haven't shown much beyond flashes of occasional competence in 2 seasons but won't afford the GM the same.

Really?  18 year old kids who have had success at every level earned the benefit of the doubt as they develop. I also gave TM and JB the benefit of the doubt, because they earned it coming up through the ranks. TM lost it completely with the McNabb and Lehner trades.  Jbot lost it by never replacing ROR.  Unlike KA, they had earned the opportunity to run a team. KA doesn’t get that rope, not because of KA the person, but because the Pegulas put someone in charge who had no experience, no credentials and thus no business being in charge.  He had to hit the ground running and prove that he was worthy of the job.  He’s proven otherwise.  His failure to get the team credible goaltending is alone worthy of dismissal.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Really?  18 year old kids who have had success at every level earned the benefit of the doubt as they develop. I also gave TM and JB the benefit of the doubt, because they earned it coming up through the ranks. TM lost it completely with the McNabb and Lehner trades.  Jbot lost it by never replacing ROR.  Unlike KA, they had earned the opportunity to run a team. KA doesn’t get that rope, not because of KA the person, but because the Pegulas put someone in charge who had no experience, no credentials and thus no business being in charge.  He had to hit the ground running and prove that he was worthy of the job.  He’s proven otherwise.  His failure to get the ream credible goaltending is alone worthy of dismissal.

I'm just as concerned with the current goaltending situation is as you are. But that doesn't mean that the situation that exists now is going to be the same situation when the season starts. How about waiting a little longer to see what happens before throwing in the towel before the bell rings? 

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Really?  18 year old kids who have had success at every level earned the benefit of the doubt as they develop. I also gave TM and JB the benefit of the doubt, because they earned it coming up through the ranks. TM lost it completely with the McNabb and Lehner trades.  Jbot lost it by never replacing ROR.  Unlike KA, they had earned the opportunity to run a team. KA doesn’t get that rope, not because of KA the person, but because the Pegulas put someone in charge who had no experience, no credentials and thus no business being in charge.  He had to hit the ground running and prove that he was worthy of the job.  He’s proven otherwise.  His failure to get the team credible goaltending is alone worthy of dismissal.

You are in denial.  That was the plan.  It was the plan all along.  You are judging him against a standard that he isn't even working to.

As for the first parts, KA is very much in development just as those kids are. Why would you assume he isn't developing as well?

5 hours ago, Weave said:

You are in denial.  That was the plan.  It was the plan all along.  You are judging him against a standard that he isn't even working to.

As for the first parts, KA is very much in development just as those kids are. Why would you assume he isn't developing as well?

I know full well he is growing into the job.  Maybe he should have actually become a scout or asst GM instead of running a team into the ground as he learns.  

What I don’t understand why so many were not willing to give Mitts the benefit of the doubt while giving a pass to someone who in clearly not competent in his job.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I know full well he is growing into the job.  Maybe he should have actually become a scout or asst GM instead of running a team into the ground as he learns.

Or hire an experienced front office guy to help him grow into the role?

15 hours ago, cny sabre said:

Since we are starting with new players this season, lets start as a team and not individuals. Remember the Sabres under Danny Gare as a leader? They had the Sabre dance as a team song. It played and they'll remember it. This year I suggest it be played as the team enters the ice for each period. Also when a goal is scored, a blast of the horn and the sabre dance. Last when the stars of the game for Buffalo, again the Sabre dance. Make the feel and think as a team. We have had stars and no cup, now let's have a team and the cup 

The Sabre dance was in place in 1970 on game 1, four years before Danny Gare was drafted. It was played as the team entered the ice for each period, and for every goal.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Make him a buried treasure then. He is a no talent hack 

Ray is a pretty funny guy at times.  Sometimes he is right on with his comments.  Yes, he makes excuses for a terrible team and organization, he knows who writes his pay check.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Ray is a pretty funny guy at times.  Sometimes he is right in with his comments.  Yes, he makes excuses for a terrible team and organization, he knows who writes his check.  

Of all the people involved in the local hockey scene the one person I consider to be the most knowledgeable about the Sabres and the league is Marty Biron. He is not the type of person to stylistically be harsh with his criticisms and judgments but his opinions are usually spot on. Behind his congeniality is a lot of hockey knowledge. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.