Jonas Johansson makes his first start for COL tonight.

MidwestSabresFan

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Hockey officials are morons. They really are.

McKinnon should definitely get 4, but that coyote should get 2 for the trip. If blood is reviewable, every part of the play should be as well.

I believe the trip is what CAUSED the "high stick", but I totally agree. That was poorly missed call.

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Made me look. Good game

The beginning wasn't so hot, 2 goals in the first 4 SOG... but he got the butterflies out and once they started to score, he settled into the game. 

It's interesting to hear them talk about him, how optimistic and positive they talk about him... just hope he wasn't another Lehner situation... but it's the Avs we're talking about here. They're no slouch. 

3 minutes ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

I believe the trip is what CAUSED the "high stick", but I totally agree. That was poorly missed call.

The beginning wasn't so hot, 2 goals in the first 4 SOG... but he got the butterflies out and once they started to score, he settled into the game. 

It's interesting to hear them talk about him, how optimistic and positive they talk about him... just hope he wasn't another Lehner situation... but it's the Avs we're talking about here. They're no slouch. 

I got my popcorn ready for this OT

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Oh, so AZ came back? I had to go to bed, dang! Kinda pulling for JJ. COL is the team I feel could be on paper... 

Yes. Its been a good one. JJ let in a so so goal to tie but stopped Kessel in OT on a breakaway 

1 minute ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Sounds like we may have let another get away too soon... still to early to tell. Hope COL scores in OT as he's not great in the SOs.

Time will tell. All they can do is take the 6th and move on for now

7 hours ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Sounds like we may have let another get away too soon... still to early to tell. Hope COL scores in OT as he's not great in the SOs.

Too soon?  He’ll be 26 in a few months.  Are we giving prospects until 30 to prove themselves? 

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

An average AHL goalie Who looks good on an NHL team… When the NHL team in front of him is better, deeper, and better coached then the previous team he was on… Boy what a revelation! Yawn.

Yeah, imagine that. Hmm... apologies for creating a discussion. Don't like it, scroll on and take a nap. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by MidwestSabresFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

Too soon?  He’ll be 26 in a few months.  Are we giving prospects until 30 to prove themselves? 

It's like with Risto how even though he was a 5, 6, 7 year pro we talked about how he was "still young". 

18 minutes ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Funny, I really didn't see him in the NHL until last year, in a team that defensively sucks... or sucks in general. 

Funny, there was a probably a reason why that was. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Incompetent management probably, like we've seen the past 10 years. 

OR ... he’s just. Not. That. Good. Maybe maybe maybe ... he carves out a few years as a decent NHL backup that hovers around .500 for a team. A good solid, deep, well coached team.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.