Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

2019 College UFAs

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Usually they get a standard ELC that burns year 1 of their deal immediately, gives them an incentive to leave college. Not sure about the exempt guys and the #of pro contracts. 

Burning a year off the contract is typically more for the underclassmen.  These college UFAs, most of the time, are already old enough where burning off a year doesn't actually change anything.

My ATO question was specific to the currently exempt guys.  I'd imagine that if guys like that are called up to the AHL, they do it on ATOs so that the team can retain their roster flexibility.  A roster of 46 vs. 48 really can change your immediate plans significantly.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Limoges doesn't really do anything for me. I have seen him in person 7 or 8 times.  Meh.  Mason Jobst on the other hand...

I've seen Verroneau as well and liked him.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:51 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Finally looked over the list.  A goalie wouldn’t surprise me.  I like the descriptions of Sturm and Kuffner.  We need good two way forwards (Sturm) and finish (Kuffner).  Kuffner would be my priority.

The 2 bolded are linemates no?

If so, stick Casey at center.

Edited by Scottysabres

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

Burning a year off the contract is typically more for the underclassmen.  These college UFAs, most of the time, are already old enough where burning off a year doesn't actually change anything.

My ATO question was specific to the currently exempt guys.  I'd imagine that if guys like that are called up to the AHL, they do it on ATOs so that the team can retain their roster flexibility.  A roster of 46 vs. 48 really can change your immediate plans significantly.

True but also if you are a 22yr old college grad it makes financial sense to get to your non elc contract ASAP. You can do that in 2 years instead of 3 if you get immediate playing time.

I honestly do not know about the exemptions or how they work. 

Schuldt was to be the big name this year. Must not have had a good season. 

Doesn't look like much help coming from either the European leagues or the NCAA this year.

Nothing like watching the leafs get better while the Sabres sink. Maybe Bots will surprise us with a college kid. 

Wait a second.  All these years later and they're missing out on their chance to finally sign Taro?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Kurt.... Gosselin... 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8931fb4576674255

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c8932da7052376863

Edited by LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

who is the last college free agent (undrafted) who has made an impact in the NHL?

A huge impact? Martin St Louis 

23 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

who is the last college free agent (undrafted) who has made an impact in the NHL?

Sadly this list doesn't include their previous team, but you'll find plenty.  It's all going to depend on your definition of "made an impact".  The recent part will also be somewhat limited since the list requires 100 games played.

Edit: And now I found this column through google which specifically describes a few.

Edited by shrader