Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GASabresIUFAN

The College Football Thread

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Saban losing his #### at the end of the 1/2 was priceless.  And the Bama back trying to catch the ball on his back in the end zone and having it bounce to the guy covering him for a 101 yard touchdown return was bizarre.

That was awesome! I rewound it twice.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shivers jet sweep. SC Top 10 #1. He blew up the safety. The dude's lid popped off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow.  Bama just lost by having 12 men on the field to receive the punt down 48-45 with 1 minute left!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Holy cow.  Bama just lost by having 12 men on the field to receive the punt down 48-45 with 1 minute left!

No camera on Saban for that one though, huh

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure I can just focus on the Sabres game and not worry about the LSU game.  21-0 with ~2 minutes left in their 1st.  Geaux Tigers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 11:04 AM, LGR4GM said:

3? With Tua hurt there is a very small chance that Alabama could get in even with a crazy finish to the season. Alabama might lose to Auburn. 

 

Lose they did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd guess LSU beats UGA. 

LSU, clemson, OSU.....  and Utah or Oklahoma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still not optimistic about UGA's chances this weekend. I think LSU might be held to less points than they were against Bama but I don't think our offense will score enough to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am still not optimistic about UGA's chances this weekend. I think LSU might be held to less points than they were against Bama but I don't think our offense will score enough to win. 

Not expecting anything other than a very good game.

Geaux Tigers! 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 LSU vs #4 OU

and

#2 OSU vs #3 Clemson

Outside of OU that is an awesome CFB playoffs. I'll take OSU topping Clemson and losing to LSU in the championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WildCard said:

#1 LSU vs #4 OU

and

#2 OSU vs #3 Clemson

Outside of OU that is an awesome CFB playoffs. I'll take OSU topping Clemson and losing to LSU in the championship

I was really impressed with LSU.  That is an excellent team.  Clemson will have a chance to prove they are worthy against OSU. I agree with your prediction.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU had greatest season ever?  Mike Greenberg of ESPN shared the information. 

15-0 record

726 points scored - single season record (ap poll era)

Awards won by players/coaches

       Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Davey O'Brien, Biletnikoff, Thorpe, Broyles along w/ multiple Coach of the Years honors for Orgeron

Never trailed in 4th quarter

Only time trailed by double-digits was against Clemson (17-7), before outscoring Clemson 35-8

 Defeated a record 7 AP top-10 teams, including going 4-0 against top-5 teams

Only team ever to beat entire AP preseason top 4

Defeated Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida and Georgia by avg 19.6 points

         Those 5 teams posted a combined 60-4 record against non-LSU opponents 

 

Greatest.Season.Ever . 

 

*Not an LSU fan 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoPre said:

LSU had greatest season ever?  Mike Greenberg of ESPN shared the information. 

15-0 record

726 points scored - single season record (ap poll era)

Awards won by players/coaches

       Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Davey O'Brien, Biletnikoff, Thorpe, Broyles along w/ multiple Coach of the Years honors for Orgeron

Never trailed in 4th quarter

Only time trailed by double-digits was against Clemson (17-7), before outscoring Clemson 35-8

 Defeated a record 7 AP top-10 teams, including going 4-0 against top-5 teams

Only team ever to beat entire AP preseason top 4

Defeated Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida and Georgia by avg 19.6 points

         Those 5 teams posted a combined 60-4 record against non-LSU opponents 

 

Greatest.Season.Ever . 

 

*Not an LSU fan 

 

It was the most dominant season I ever saw.   The total points is slightly skewed by playing 15 games, but they also played almost 1/2 their games against top 10 teams and still had several other SEC opponents as well.

Really disappointed that Kelly left because LSU always recruits CB's, WR's, and D line well.  Having Kelly stay would've added QB to that list and it would've been fun to see Saban get his butt handed to him annually by a school he abandoned.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, Taro T said:

It was the most dominant season I ever saw.   The total points is slightly skewed by playing 15 games, but they also played almost 1/2 their games against top 10 teams and still had several other SEC opponents as well.

Really disappointed that Kelly left because LSU always recruits CB's, WR's, and D line well.  Having Kelly stay would've added QB to that list and it would've been fun to see Saban get his butt handed to him annually by a school he abandoned.

It has to be the best season ever by a college football team

They beat (final poll AP)

Clemson 2

Georgia 4

Florida 6

Oklahoma 7

Alabama 8

Auburn 14

Texas 25

But all these schools were ranked in the top 10 when they beat them.  Brutal schedule and a deserving NC.  This is from a Georgia fan.

Now the question is next year. Bold prediction.  UGA will win the SEC next season.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...