The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Fields officially transfers to Ohio State. Confusing for two reasons

1) Meyer is gone

2) Kyler Murray is gone. Why didn't he go to Lincoln Riley? Guy has made two Heisman trophy winners, and the Big 12 doesn't play defense. 

On 12/19/2018 at 10:55 AM, LGR4GM said:

Goodbye Justin, it would have been nice for you to learn and grow but you do you. 

Fields should have redshirted this season to put two years between him and Fromm, but UGA has no QB depth and Fields thought he could beat out Fromm.  Oops.  Both Smart and Fields are to blame for this mess.  Instead of transferring, he should redshirt next season and then win the job.  Oh well.  

Fields again thinks he can beat out the returnees at OSU.  He may be able to if he gets immediate eligibility, but what if he doesn’t? 

I would have transferring to Oregon.  Hebert is returning for his senior year.  Go there, learn the system and then he’d have at least 2 years as the starter after he sits out the year.  

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fields should have redshirted this season to put two years between him and Fromm, but UGA has no QB depth and Fields thought he could beat out Fromm.  Oops.  Both Smart and Fields are to blame for this mess.  Instead of transferring, he should redshirt next season and then win the job.  Oh well.  

Fields again thinks he can beat out the returnees at OSU.  He may be able to if he gets immediate eligibility, but what if he doesn’t? 

I would have transferring to Oregon.  Hebert is returning for his senior year.  Go there, learn the system and then he’d have at least 2 years as the starter after he sits out the year.  

Well Haskins is entering the draft but yeah if Fields has to sit a year then it doesn't really matter. I still don't get why he didn't go to Oklahoma though. That seemed like a no brainer

Also, how did UGA not bench Fromm in that Sugar Bowl? I would guess simply because Smart new Fields was transferring 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I really hope the NCAA doesn't exempt him and he has to sit this year.

The NCAA making a 5 star recruit at a major school sit a year? I find that really unlikely honestly

Edited by WildCard

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He is transferring for no other reason than he wants too. Sets a dangerous precedent. Of course if he plays there is a shot that UGA plays OSU in a bowl or playoff situation. 

I get why he did it, just not the where. 

Only thing that makes sense is Ohio State did some shady sht

55 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I'm gonna call it now. Jalen Hurts comes in and wins Bama another national championship. 

Just prognosticating over here.

Hurts needed to come in before halftime.

I'm more worried about my house blowing down right now than I am about the outcome of this game!

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Trevor Lawrence is going to be the next Suck for Luck

Trevor Lawrence is Mitch from Dazed and Confused.

Whelp, I was wrong. This one's over! Bama's defense is getting run out of the building and Tua can't do Jack on offense. So congratulations to Clemson. Oh and an extra special thanks to Clemson for smoking notre dame!

3 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Whelp, I was wrong. This one's over! Bama's defense is getting run out of the building and Tua can't do Jack on offense. So congratulations to Clemson. Oh and an extra special thanks to Clemson for smoking notre dame!

It's not even close to over.

I probably won't see the end--it's almost 11 o'clock and I don't know where my children are--but there's what, 20 minutes left?

EDIT:  24.

Edited by Eleven

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There are few things better in sports than watching a Nick Saban team get rolled. 

But I hate Clemson.  With every bone in my body.

Anyway, if Saban can't figure it out and put in Hurts next series, and/or if Clemson scores on this one, I'm checking out.  Life is more important than this game.

Also, I do have to kind of like the Clemson QB because he is Mitch from Dazed & Confused.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

But I hate Clemson.  With every bone in my body.

Anyway, if Saban can't figure it out and put in Hurts next series, and/or if Clemson scores on this one, I'm checking out.  Life is more important than this game.

Also, I do have to kind of like the Clemson QB because he is Mitch from Dazed & Confused.

You can check out/go to bed. Bama isn't showing up any time soon. This one is in the bag.

All right.  That's it.  @PASabreFan told me that there is a "Murder, She Wrote" marathon somewhere, and I can't wait to see Paul McCartney solve crimes in his brilliant role as Jessica Fletcher.

Saban screwed this up.  It was obvious well before halftime that Tua was NOT up to the task tonight, and Hurts should have gone in.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.