Another Dahlin Thread

Doohickie

Casey Mittelstadt was the tournament MVP. Dahlin was the tournament's top defender. Both will be Sabres rookies this coming season. What's so funny?

It was a legitimate f###ing question.

One that I'm not even sure how you would answer honestly. Short of going back and finding every MVP and checking where they ended up

Irrational exuberance.

I never really understood this line of thinking. If you don’t get happy or excited about something like this, and then he flames out, well, congrats I guess, you’ve avoided a modicum of hockey-related joy.

If I get excited now, and he flames out, hey, at least I had a period of time there where I felt like a million bucks!

As long as you don’t completely rule out the possibility of failure, and don’t completely go to pieces upon said failure, why not enjoy it while you can.

Life is too short. Viva la Dahlin!

Has there ever been a WJC that the tourney's top forward & top D-man ended up on the same NHL team, much less as rookies in the same season?

Not that I am aware of. So cool.

Edited by Thorny

Probably wouldn't take more than 30 minutes tops to get an answer, but am not about to track it down.

Fwiw I didn't notice any in the last 20 years. Could be wrong though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IIHF_World_Under_20_Championship_Directorate_award_winners

Probably the best combination of winning players since Karlsson and Tavares did it. 

Edited by WildCard

I never really understood this line of thinking. If you don’t get happy or excited about something like this, and then he flames out, well, congrats I guess, you’ve avoided a modicum of hockey-related joy.

If I get excited now, and he flames out, hey, at least I had a period of time there where I felt like a million bucks!

As long as you don’t completely rule out the possibility of failure, and don’t completely go to pieces upon said failure, why not enjoy it while you can.

Life is too short. Viva la Dahlin!

Not that I am aware of. So cool.

Even IF it has happened in the past (which is extremely unlikely), we can say for certain that this is the 1st time they e er played their WJC tourney in the same city they were NHL rookies.

Casey Mittelstadt was the tournament MVP. Dahlin was the tournament's top defender. Both will be Sabres rookies this coming season. What's so funny?

I think he just meant that his mind was blown.

Dang emoticonemojimajigs.

Fwiw I didn't notice any in the last 20 years. Could be wrong though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IIHF_World_Under_20_Championship_Directorate_award_winners

Probably the best combination of winning players since Karlsson and Tavares did it. 

You deleted the part about one being a bust almost every year just as I was quoting it.  I missed it by *that* much so now it's gone forever.

But you posted it.  I saw it.  it's your fault if it comes to pass this time.

The :w00t: wasn't laughter.  It was... well, whoa, dude!  I wanted to make sure it was taken happy so I added :w00t: .  And you guys still took it wrong.

I think he just meant that his mind was blown.

Dang emoticonemojimajigs.

When PA understands me... I get kinda worried.  But yeah... mind blown.  In a good way.

Ahhhhh. :huh:

:P

:beer: ;)

:beer:

The :w00t: wasn't laughter.  It was... well, whoa, dude!  I wanted to make sure it was taken happy so I added :w00t: .  And you guys still took it wrong.

When PA understands me... I get kinda worried.  But yeah... mind blown.  In a good way.

:beer:

:beer: :beer: :beer: ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.