GDT Buffalo at NY Rangers 3/24/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

sad part is even if they do finish last, it is for sure the NHL will never let them actually win the stupid draft lottery...I predict they'll get bumped down to 3 or 4 spot. We'll still get a good player but not Dahlin.

Like you say we will still get a good player though. I am grateful that this years draft gives us that opportunity.

Do you guys notice how much standing around most the team does when Eichel has the puck? It's like when he gets the puck the vast majority either skate exactly to where they are supposed to go without any judgement calls on the opposing defense's location or they just kinda stand around or move within in a small circle. Its extremely noticeable on the powerplay or EN opportunities. Eichel gets the puck, does a loop-de-loop waiting for others to catch up or to try and shake a dman but rarely does anyone move to give him someone to pass to aside from sending it back to the point or occasionally Reinhart splits off into the corner. He draws people to him, and rarely does anyone take advantage of that instead opting to slowly reassess while the other team re-does their formation thus nullifying Eichel's work. Thus he resorts to forcing the puck places, especially when time is expiring since he has no real options besides force a pass to try to make a play or continue to cycle and waste time. I'd be dejected looking too if I felt like I was damned regardless of what I did. He's not great at deking due to his giant stick so he relies a bit more on having a teammates to use for give and goes or to set up yet either they fail to do so or muff the play altogether more often than not. 

Eichel isn't without fault for he stands a bit in the Dzone but it must be disheartening to him. Their PP works best when the players are moving a bit and Eichel can cross ice the puck to ROR for a one timer or vice versa. Awkwardly standing doesn't work. 

I love how Housley starts calling his team out 60 games too late.  You should be called out for how passive and conservative your "defensive rush" brand of high tempo offense was supposed to be.  Meh.  I'd rather listen to Bylsma at this point, which is scary. 

Botterill needs to turn on the afterburner in the offseason and get this team 20 points better for 2018-2019. I think mid-80s should be the minimum Target for April 2019. Anything less should be viewed as a failure. I'm very tired of years of excuses from the front office. Time to perform or else.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.