Off-season Game Plan 2018

GASabresIUFAN

Starting to wonder if we just buy him out

We can't until he is healthy anyways.  Right now he doesn't even hurt our cap. We have extra room under the cap through the end of the season. Roughly 2mil in extra cap with Bogo on LTIR if you add up all remaining 33 games. 

Dude, every time you get a dime for that, I'm claiming a penny. :p

I give you full credit for the love child comment! ;). 70/30 split.

We can't until he is healthy anyways.  Right now he doesn't even hurt our cap. We have extra room under the cap through the end of the season. Roughly 2mil in extra cap with Bogo on LTIR if you add up all remaining 33 games.

I’ve said this before, but the team Drs should, for his own health, not give him clearence to return and we bury his contract on LTIR for the next two years. We save the entire cap figure, open a roster spot and he is gone in two years, instead of the buyouts 4 years. I call this the Lou Lamarillo approach to he salary cap circumvention.

I give you full credit for the love child comment! ;). 70/30 split.

I’ve said this before, but the team Drs should, for his own health, not give him clearence to return and we bury his contract on LTIR for the next two years. We save the entire cap figure, open a roster spot and he is gone in two years, instead of the buyouts 4 years. I call this the Lou Lamarillo approach to he salary cap circumvention.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I can't get behind that idea at all.  It's one thing to game the system.  It is entirely another to hold a 27 yr old player hostage for 2 years, denying him the opportunity to play.  That ain't cool.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but I can't get behind that idea at all.  It's one thing to game the system.  It is entirely another to hold a 27 yr old player hostage for 2 years, denying him the opportunity to play.  That ain't cool.

Yes it’s tongue in cheek. This is what Sweet Lou has done to Joffrey Lupol for the last two years.

However, I actually worry that Bogo has the same issue in his hip that Bo Jackson suffered from. Bo knows avascular necrosis (AVN), which is when blood stops flowing properly to a bone. The injury to Bogo sounds very similar to what happened to Jackson that caused the AVN. If this is the case, then Bogo’s career could be in jeopardy.

Here’s a point to ponder:

How happy would you have been if Sam Reinhart had signed a three-year, $3 million per extension last summer?

Best Samson comparison I could find is the two-years at $2.7 million deal fifth overall pick Elias Lindholm signed after scoring 21,39, and 39 his first three years.

Unless he competely tanks the rest of the year, I think Georgia’s 3/3 is a good take.

Sam and JBot may also consider a cheaper one-year prove-it deal, with a two year deal the most likely outcome, IMO.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.