2017-2018 Lineup

WildCard

He was debatably the worst NHL forward to play more than a couple games last season. 

If one of the glut of Rochester forwards and Josefson don't beat him out then we have major problems. 

The Rochester forwards were better than he was in the NHL last season.

My ideal lineup is something like 

Girgensons - Eichel - Baptiste (assuming he's ready)

Pouliot - O'Reilly - Okposo 

Kane - Reinhart - Pominville 

Josefson - Larsson - Fasching/Bailey/whoever else is ready

At first glance Eichel's wings are weak but he's shown chemistry with Zemgus and needs guys to make space and skate fast and let him do all the work. 

I really like trying Baptiste with Eichel. Speed and hopefully finish from a young forward.

Really?  I've admitted this before that I picked up trying to totally understand hockey later in life.

I'm blown away that you guys see that as ideal for Eichel. 

Hey, I learn a lot from you guys and a lot of reading/watching.  I've been shocked before - maybe this is another one of those times.

I should clarify: Ideal for what we currently have on staff.

And to echo what Flagg said, we don't know more than you ;)

IMPO, you're wasting Kane putting him with those 2 slowpokes.

I also don't think Pommers can last the whole season playing heavy minutes with those 2, otherwise you're not getting the ultimate advantage of putting Evander and Samson together by playing them 3rd line minutes.

I think Kane and Reinhart are made for each other. Reinhart is smart enough to get Kane the puck at the right times. He'll keep up. It's how he played with Domi and Duclair at the WJC. I assure you that Reinhart can move that puck to the right spots, faster than Kane can skate.

---

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Okposo

Nylander - O'Reilly - Baptiste

Kane - Reinhart - Fasching

Girgensons - Larsson - Bailey

We will destroy teams in a couple years.

Edited by Thorny

I think Kane and Reinhart are made for each other. Reinhart is smart enough to get Kane the puck at the right times. He'll keep up. It's how he played with Domi and Duclair at the WJC. I assure you that Reinhart can move that puck to the right spots, faster than Kane can skate.

---

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Okposo

Nylander - O'Reilly - Baptiste

Kane - Reinhart - Fasching

Girgensons - Larsson - Bailey

We will destroy teams in a couple years.

Good take on Reinhart and Kane together.

I really like your lineup, but I think we will probably need an upgrade at 4th line centre, although the combination of G and L alternating between wing and centre depending on the situation may work well.

Good take on Reinhart and Kane together.

I really like your lineup, but I think we will probably need an upgrade at 4th line centre, although the combination of G and L alternating between wing and centre depending on the situation may work well.

Johan Larsson is perfectly capable of being a 4th line center full time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.