Do you like following the Sabres?

dudacek

I think I come to this team in a very unique way. I became a Sabres fan in the 70's when Hershey was Buffalo's farm team. As an 11 year old I met Don Edwards, and from then on Hershey and by extension Buffalo, were  my teams. Growing up I could watch Buffalo when they played the Phlyers, the Rangers and the Islanders (about half a dozen games a year). I followed through the Hockey news, and the regular news paper. I was the first in my neighborhood with directv and it was just for Sabre games. I had to order my Sabres jerseys from Great Skate, because they weren't sold anywhere around here. No one that I went to school with was a Sabres fan (and my graduating class was 714). The book  "Swashbucklers on the Ice" was my favorite book. 

I am driving the 300 + miles next Sunday just to see the game because my wife couldn't think of anything else to get me for Christmas (sec 109, row 3 a pretty good gift I think). So yeah, I think I like following this team. I always have. My family calls it my obsession.

Glad you'll get to a game. Sorry that I likely won't be at it as I'm hoping my son's team has a conflict w/ the game.

Don't be such a stranger around here.

I follow them game to game but it's not always a likeable thing.  The main reason it's not likeable is that I am constantly changing my mind on what I think about many things.  For a while I was blaming myself but I've come to shift that blame anywhere but me.  Heck I was close to not only conceding but being ok with not making the playoffs and seeing the value in another top 10 pick.  Now I'm all about just squeaking into the playoffs because I just want to be in the post season.  Well darnit, that's not my fault. 

So when is the political thread coming back? :angel:

My guess is never unfortunately. It's a damn shame too. The stuff going on in Washington would make for some interesting debate. I'd love to see how the right wingers would tap dance on their principles to defend the actions of the President and his team/party.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.