Surprise trip to Montreal next week - 1/31

Redneck

I was actually considering a quick overnight trip to Montreal. It's a 4-hour drive and there are some mid-week hotel deals just blocks from Centre Bell. Right now StubHub has seats as low as $25. Verrry tempting.

You're going for the game? Sure. Why not? I'm sure you're not going a rue ste Catherine. That's not why peeps go to Montreal. Nope....Just messing around, man. It's a great place. I grew up an hour from the city. My paternal family is only a few generations removed from family in pte aux tremble. Emilie Tavernier Gamelin(founder of the Sisters of Providence) is the sibling of a direct ancestor. There's a statue of her in one of the metro stations. I won't say which one or give either one of you guys any advice on where to go. That place is so rich that you lose out if you don't find it your own way. The people ARE very friendly....I haven't been to a game since the Forum so I'm of no more use. I would say "have fun" but I know you will.

You're going for the game? Sure. Why not? I'm sure you're not going a rue ste Catherine. That's not why peeps go to Montreal. Nope....Just messing around, man. It's a great place. I grew up an hour from the city. My paternal family is only a few generations removed from family in pte aux tremble. Emilie Tavernier Gamelin(founder of the Sisters of Providence) is the sibling of a direct ancestor. There's a statue of her in one of the metro stations. I won't say which one or give either one of you guys any advice on where to go. That place is so rich that you lose out if you don't find it your own way. The people ARE very friendly....I haven't been to a game since the Forum so I'm of no more use. I would say "have fun" but I know you will.

I'm of an age where it's more sad than fun to stare at naked young ladies. :( Oh I've hit those clubs in years past. In fact I know there are even better clubs on St.Denis and the suburbs. :w00t:

These days I get more excited about a trip to Schwartz's Deli and St.Viatuer Bagelry. Still a little nuts to go on a road trip mid week, though. Especially when there was a music show in Boston I want to see the next day.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.