GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers 7:30 PM EST 12/20/2016

The Dominator

I hate shootouts and don't want them in the game. But while they're here, they need to figure something out. Lehner's so far gone into his head in these things. He's not going to stop a single one this season. He hasn't yet. It's December and we have 7 shootout losses, I believe, and he hasn't stopped a single attempt. And we don't score. The tank teams were so good at these. Put Gio, Moulson, and Larsson out there. I guarantee they'd score more than ROR/Jack/KO.

But I'm not mad about the shootout. I'm mad that this team doesn't feel the need to enter the game until they're down a couple goals. Is this a young team thing? WTF is the vet leadership doing, then? Figure it out boys, because we're pissing away points to teams that we are supposed to be getting a jump on to start our run. 

We're better than the Panthers when we feel like it. We just feel like it a disturbingly small fraction of time.

And the system remains bad. We play like a team that hasn't practiced using puck support to adjust to being pressured in the past two seasons. When forced to make a quick decision instead of skating with the head down to the corners, we look like deer in headlights. 

no we don't, Lehner might suck in the SO, but he has kept us in a lot of games.   I get it gets disapointing to lose each SO, something the goalie coach should work on no ?

I would look into a new goalie coach because the current one is not getting to the guys.  They are fine in regulation but after that it is the worst. 

Kuli wasn't that great tonight.

McCabe was worse.

Kane played a great game.

Eichel was meh, which is still pretty good.

Larsson,... not so much.

And Foligno's continues to be solid.

That's all I got.

Agreed with all, though I do think Larsson finished strong after a terrible first half of the game. 

I'll never understand people that complain about Marcus, even at his salary. The Marcus I see every night is absolutely a $2.25 million player.

My God-- stop being such a weenie.

6'3 275 lbs again

I've getting real ###### fed up with this ######. So many players on this team are underperforming. It's unreal.

Something gotta change quick here

12-11-8

12 wins in 31 games

This team is out of the playoff picture by the end of February barring a miraculous change to their even strength play, which has basically maintained its current level for 133 games.[/quote)

Any pressure on Murray yet or the HC

6'3 275 lbs again

Something gotta change quick here

12-11-8

12 wins in 31 games

This team is out of the playoff picture by the end of February barring a miraculous change to their even strength play, which has basically maintained its current level for 133 games.

Any pressure on Murray yet or the HC

I don't think there's pressure on anyone right now, though personally I'm impatient with both of them.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.