Local hotels

Brennan Huff

I highly recommend the harbor center Marriott. It's a beautiful hotel. And it's more than just "walking distance," it's attached to the arena.

But you could find cheaper I'm sure. Hard to beat the convenience though if price isn't a barrier. 716 sports bar is on the ground floor of the hotel too, and there's a Timmy's for the morning.

The Marriott it is thanks guys. As for the whole engagement thing, that's not happening anytime soon ha ha

Haha just having a little fun. It's a special place to me.

Hope you guys enjoy the game and the Marriott! Definitely check out 716, and I also love Pearl Street for food and beer (short walk). If you're getting into town early or staying the next day, the ice rink at canalside is neat. Fun "couple thing" to do.

I know others will disagree with me but if you want to keep your budget in check you can't go wrong with the Adam's Mark.  It's nothing overly fancy but it's still a good enough room and walking distance to the game.  Plus you can usually pick it up for around $100 per night.  Whereas the Harbor Centre will be atleast 2.5 times that price.  I've also stayed at the Hyatt when the price is right and it's nice.

Yeah - the Marriott at HarborCenter is top notch.

I was going to say that there's a Hilton brand just a block from the arena, too (a Courtyard hotel). But if you're up for getting a room at the Marriott, then more power to you.

If you stay at the Harbor Center get a lake view room. The city view isn't much to look at from what I can tell.
You can also ride the metro rail for a buck each way, so you could always stay somewhere up the line like the Hotel Lafayette

Not for nothing: If you were staying at a hotel around Lafayette Square (there's the Lafayette and that Hamister hotel (Hilton Garden Inn)), you'd ride the rail for free above ground.

I was going to say that there's a Hilton brand just a block from the arena, too (a Courtyard hotel). But if you're up for getting a room at the Marriott, then more power to you.

Not for nothing: If you were staying at a hotel around Lafayette Square (there's the Lafayette and that Hamister hotel (Hilton Garden Inn)), you'd ride the rail for free above ground.

That's true.

I know others will disagree with me but if you want to keep your budget in check you can't go wrong with the Adam's Mark.  It's nothing overly fancy but it's still a good enough room and walking distance to the game.  Plus you can usually pick it up for around $100 per night.  Whereas the Harbor Centre will be atleast 2.5 times that price.  I've also stayed at the Hyatt when the price is right and it's nice.

You can into Harbor Marriott for about 165. Still much more than say, the Hampton or even the Hyatt though.

The Courtyard is a Marriott brand. The Hilton brand hotels are the Garden Inn on Court in Lafayette Square, the Hampton Inn on Chippewa and the Embassy Suites on Delaware.

:thumbsup:

The Courtyard is a Marriott brand. The Hilton brand hotels are the Garden Inn on Court in Lafayette Square, the Hampton Inn on Chippewa and the Embassy Suites on Delaware.

:thumbsup:

I just can't keep the hotel products straight.

What's a Homewood Suites? Hilton?

I got a room at the Marriott with the lake view for $191. It was definitely more than I wanted to spend but can't beat the convenience. Now the next question is, where is the best place to drink after the game? 716?

That's a decent spend for Buffalo, but still a fair price for what you get.

In terms of taverns within an easy walking distance, there's Iron Works, Lagerhaus, and Cobblestone all within a stone's throw (like 2 blocks or less) of the arena. So there are options beyond 716, although I think 716 is fine as well for a post-game drink and snack.

I have not been in the Marriott's hotel bar. I suspect that might be sorta fun?

In terms of taverns within an easy walking distance, there's Iron Works, Lagerhaus, and Cobblestone all within a stone's throw (like 2 blocks or less) of the arena. So there are options beyond 716, although I think 716 is fine as well for a post-game drink and snack.

Prior to (716) opening, you could oftentimes find a few Sabres in the Cobblestone after the game. Is that still where they tend to go, or have they shifted to (716)?

Prior to (716) opening, you could oftentimes find a few Sabres in the Cobblestone after the game. Is that still where they tend to go, or have they shifted to (716)?

I can't say.

My sense, though, was that the players shifted away from going to the bars in/around the arena prior to HarborCenter and (716) opening up. 

I wonder how robust the night life scene might be for these guys. Two One of the core players aren't isn't yet of age. E Kane is presumably trying to lay low a bit. O'Reilly has his own alcohol-related mishap to live down. And, sure, Gionta is up for whatever - but he's old and sorta creepy, and he repels the ladies like it was his job.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Homewood Suites is Hilton yes - and my personal favorite while I was working (can't beat free dinner = I get to pocket the food per diem)

I really like the Marriot's hotel bar. It's a few floors up and is very nice and has great views of canalside. Plus after Sabres games it is much quieter than the insanity that is 716. It's our little secret that I don't mind sharing with you all.

Homewood Suites is Hilton yes - and my personal favorite while I was working (can't beat free dinner = I get to pocket the food per diem)

I really like the Marriot's hotel bar. It's a few floors up and is very nice and has great views of canalside. Plus after Sabres games it is much quieter than the insanity that is 716. It's our little secret that I don't mind sharing with you all.

I'll be checking it out for sure. Well, as long as my girlfriend doesn't get all sloshed up during the game.

There's a glassed in room with security upstairs at 716 and you will see some guys there after a game depending on conditions of course. Are they flying out right away etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.