Lehner vs. Nilsson - Looking Forward to Free Agency

darksabre

Someone mentioned in Kings GDT I think that Lenny's game is being coached out of him. I'm thinking that remark, sorry whoever made it as it is a great point. And if you examine you may agree with it too.

I think it was the first goal in the Kings game that he was down early and the puck was roofed in for an easy goal. Thinking back to last year, wasn't he more of an old school Bunny Laroque type that stood up hugging the post? Isn't this down early crap style of goaltending all the rage now? I think the guy is right that HIS game is being coached out of him.

I will go back to the GDST and see if I can't who should get credit for the comment but kudo's to whoever made it.

EDIT: found it. It was bunnomatic with the great observation. Nice job!

• photo-2210.jpg?_r=1362935239
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

That was a fun game. Not sure maybe Drk4 would know but could the goalie coach be coaching the confidence out of Lehner ? He seemed out of it at times tonight and actually rarely looked square to the shooter. 

Edited by beerme1

I've got no problem with an affordable above average duo in net. I've said before, I think goaltenders have gotten to the point where the range between the best and the worst has shrunk and that (with one or two exceptions) it's just not worth handing out massive contracts to a goalie that isn't necessarily a frequent game-changer. Take the extra $$ and spend it improving the defense in front of him.

Lerner has looked a lite soft lately, I think he is better than that. We have a very capable duo that I'm not too concerned about.

I've got no problem with an affordable above average duo in net. I've said before, I think goaltenders have gotten to the point where the range between the best and the worst has shrunk and that (with one or two exceptions) it's just not worth handing out massive contracts to a goalie that isn't necessarily a frequent game-changer. Take the extra $$ and spend it improving the defense in front of him.

Lerner has looked a lite soft lately, I think he is better than that. We have a very capable duo that I'm not too concerned about.

i agree on the fact that there is a supply gut in the goalie department these days

Someone mentioned in Kings GDT I think that Lenny's game is being coached out of him. I'm thinking that remark, sorry whoever made it as it is a great point. And if you examine you may agree with it too.

I think it was the first goal in the Kings game that he was down early and the puck was roofed in for an easy goal. Thinking back to last year, wasn't he more of an old school Bunny Laroque type that stood up hugging the post? Isn't this down early crap style of goaltending all the rage now? I think the guy is right that HIS game is being coached out of him.

I will go back to the GDST and see if I can't who should get credit for the comment but kudo's to whoever made it.

EDIT: found it. It was bunnomatic with the great observation. Nice job!

• photo-2210.jpg?_r=1362935239
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

That was a fun game. Not sure maybe Drk4 would know but could the goalie coach be coaching the confidence out of Lehner ? He seemed out of it at times tonight and actually rarely looked square to the shooter. 

I don't think it's being coached out of him, I think he's being poorly coached in the first place. He drops too early and spends too much time on his knees moving around. I know he's a big goalie and that's something big goalies do more, but he relies on it too much. He needs to be more patient and react to shots. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.